WAG Maroney's Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
Not that there is a need as it's already the most difficult vault being done, BUT with the height that Maroney gets on her vault, do any of you coaches/athletes/people who know more than me think she could eventually triple it? It just seems so easy for her and it would be infinitely cool to see a "Maroney" vault.

she doesn't play with them. she does them and they're quite good. she also does yurchenko 2ble tuck. also quite good.:)

Those are videos I want to see! I saw her vault and after years of watching I finally get what people vaulting should look like and why people like to watch the event. Dunno, please decretly video the above vaults and post on CB! LOL! Thanks

sorry guys, i can't find it. it will show up eventually and i'll post it.

and if she has a triple ready, i don't think artur will have her compete it unless it is PERFECT.:)

I read that Marta Karolyi shot down the triple twisting yurchenko and said that instead McKayla is working on sticking her 2.5. :( bit disappointing. She is also training a Mustafina vault.

no such vault named a "Mustafina". Aliya does an Amanar (2 1/2 twist) and a Podkopayeva/Khorkina (1/2 turn on to the table>1 1/2 twist (Rudi). to make finals you must have 2 different vaults. because of her knee surgery, time will tell what vaults she'll do come the Olympics. no way to speculate at this point. if i recall correctly, she did a simple Y1 at european championships. pretty good given how short a time after surgery.:)

and if artur says/shows that maroney can do a triple? she'll do a triple. it'll probably be a one shot deal. this means if she makes the olympic team, she'll perform the vault when she has to in competition. not sooner.:)

Think she has also done - RO half on - layout full off for her second vault(at 2010 worlds I think, though think it was downgraded to a pike?). I think this is the one that people refer to as the "Mustafina vault"

yes, you're right. it caused a lot of judging controversy. what else is new...:)

I am assuming she never actually performed and got credit for the layout full in a world level competition? This is why it's not officially named for her?

one of the chinese girls did this vault. not sure if it was named or not. my book is at gym. i'll take a look tomorrow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back