WAG Mat Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DefiniteMaybe

Proud Parent
Can someone tell me what the mat is called that is used to break the fall when girls are learning jaegers? I've heard it called a mattress and a Twinkie. It's really easy for one person to throw in under the gymnast in the middle of her release move in case she doesn't catch the bar. Anyone?

Tumbl Trak has something called a Pit Pillow. The largest size they have could be used for that, which is 6' x 8' x 12'. Then you have the standard 8" mats, and various resi mats that could work.

Tumbl Trak has something called a Pit Pillow. The largest size they have could be used for that, which is 6' x 8' x 12'. Then you have the standard 8" mats, and various resi mats that could work.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but our gym has something called "Fluffy" (actually labeled with that name). A smaller version is "little fluffy" which might be lighter for a coach to quickly move under the bar.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but our gym has something called "Fluffy" (actually labeled with that name). A smaller version is "little fluffy" which might be lighter for a coach to quickly move under the bar.
I've never heard of that before. I looked it up and it seems to be a Mancino mat. Looks like a great product! I wish I had one... :(

Is this it?
mancino-fluffy-mats_2_1.jpg

I've never heard of that before. I looked it up and it seems to be a Mancino mat. Looks like a great product! I wish I had one... :(

Is this it?
mancino-fluffy-mats_2_1.jpg

Yes. Probably a little bulky for throwing under the bar to save a missed catch, though. They are quite heavy but useful.

In TnT they have a "pitch mat" or "throw mat" that the coaches pitch in if they need to kill a bound, I would guess it could be used for bars too as it is mean tot throw in.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back