Mattie Larson & UCLA.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Good for her! She has know Miss Val since she was a little kid ( they are neighbors I think). She can have fun and work hard at college gym, get a degree and save her body from all of that hard tumbling.

The college season is much longer so we will see her much more often than if she had continued as an elite.

Great decision for Mattie Larson...after her disaster at Worlds, Marta was never going to use her in any capacity representing the US in an international assignment so it was time to move on from that...she will absolutely shine in NCAA so good for her!!

I think Bookworm has a good point. Mattie could probably see the writing on the wall and if she's not happy then time to move on to the NCAA where I'm sure she'll do quite well. Not quite sure why she said maybe next summer she'd have the passion to go back to elite training since its the summer of the Olympics---might just be hard for her to completely close the door.

I can't wait to see Mattie in blue! She is a favorite of my girls since the start. I also think about the grades and gymnastics thread when I read this. As our coach said, i can spend years getting a girl to the NCAA but if her grades aren't there I'm wasting both everyone's time. She was ready for the college team scene. Go Mattie go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back