Meet in Dallas for boys and girls (L 4 up)???? Houston questions too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bajanswife

Proud Parent
Does anyone know of a mixed gender (or just boys) meet in easy driving distance from Dallas that would welcome a Barbados team (USAG) of level 4s and up? I have searched the internet and the USAG website, and all I can find is a Houston one in early March. Based on my research, Houston doesn't look that close or that easy to get to from Dallas! We need to fly into Dallas, as that's where the direct flight from Barbados lands. If anyone knows of a way we could get a team to Houston and back to Dallas (rented private coach?? Cheap flight?) for a reasonable price, please let me know!

The drive from Dallas is about 4.5 hours. A flight is about 30 minutes and are usually fairly cheap. I don't know of any meets that has boys and girls except for the Houston National Invite in March which is likely the meet you are talking about. I'll look into it though.

I was reading the info on the National Invite, and it sounds like it's a fairly high-level meet, meaning the "best of the best" kind of thing. I'm not sure we're ready for that! Am I getting the right or wrong idea about that meet - anyone know? It's a long way to go to get totally slaughtered, especially for our inexperienced level 6 and 7 girls and our boys who have only competed once ever.

HNI has a variety of all gymnast! Great meet but pretty expensive (consessions parking etc.) However flights from Dallas on Southwest are pretty reasonable! Might check out Metroplex Challenge in Fort Worth I am not sure if they are still taking entries but the meet is the end of January in Fort Worth, Tx.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back