Meets in NY for boys and girls, level 4 and up?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bajanswife

Proud Parent
For some wacky reason, it is often cheaper for us to get from Barbados to NY if we fly JetBlue than it is for us to travel to Puerto Rico or Miami on American, even though they are much closer to us. So we have started looking for meets that are in driving distance from JFK.

Plus, we are always looking for meets our boys can go to. But if we're taking coaches to a meet for the boys, it would make sense to also take the girls (we have only 4 boys). So a mixed gender meet would be ideal. We all went to Crown of the Carolinas in November, but that was 2 flights each way and not cheap to get to!

Can anyone suggest a mixed gender (or just boys) meet in driving distance from JFK that would welcome a Barbados team of level 4s and up?

ETA: the AA flight direct to DFW is attractivelt-priced too, so ditto for any meets in the DFW area!

Last edited:
This isn't what you asked but ... The Smoky Mountain Vacation Classic is about 4 hours from Atlanta. But actually Charlotte is a little closer and Jetblue goes into Charlotte. If you book your room early enough in the year, you can stay in the conference center where they have the meet, and the indoor water park tickets are included every day including check out day.

On the USA-gymnastics.org website there is an option on the sidebar to "find a..." and one of the choices is "invitational". It lists many meets all over the US and what levels are welcome. It might be faster than waiting for everyone here to see this.

On the USA-gymnastics.org website there is an option on the sidebar to "find a..." and one of the choices is "invitational". It lists many meets all over the US and what levels are welcome. It might be faster than waiting for everyone here to see this.

I have been on Google searching all sorts of key words. I was on that site too, I think, but did not see that particular sidebar - thanks so much, I will go and look now! I did discover that there aren't that many men's/women's mixed - most meets seem to be one or the other.

Just bumping this up. I did search all over the place, and found a meet in Rochester, but that's not near enough to JFK to make this ideal. I was hoping someone here would know of a local meet that maybe doesn't have a website or isn't listed anywhere, that would welcome an overseas USAG team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back