WAG Meet on Sunday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CAGymmie

Gymnast
I have my first level four (USAG) meet on Sunday and I am so nervous! I was wondering if you have any tips about what to eat, how to do well, how not to be nervous ect.

Eat some pasta the night before, atleast that's what my coaches always tell us to do. Good clean fast energy. :) When you're in front of the judges try to imagine yourself at your gym just doing your routines in practice. Most of all, have fun! Don't worry too bad about placing or scores, just do your best.

Treat it like it's just another day that includes something you really like to do. Sure, everyone get at least a little nervous no matter how long they've been in the sport, but it's no big deal because all of the other kids are nervous too. You should ask your coach about what to take. If you can't ask between now and then, just take whatever you'd need for a day at the beach, well maybe not the swimsuit, sand toys, kite, and sunscreen.

Most important..... have a water bottle with you but don't sip at it nervously. Also remember to figure in a bathroom break when you have time, because it isn't fun to run for a vault, land, and start running for the bathroom as soon as you stick your landing.

And of course, have fun.

Whatever happens in your routines, do not get upset and make sure to finish strong. If you fall on beam, do not get up and start crying because that happened to one of our girls and they were so caught up in how they fell that they forgot to salute at the end! Make sure that when you salute to end your routine and start your routine you look very confident and happy to be there. If you fall on a skill during warm up, do not freak out and just think of how many times you have made that skill in the gym. Also, make sure to always be on your best behavior from right when you walk in the door (ex. no cartwheels in the lobby or goofing off during the pledge of allegiance) because even though you are not being scored, the judges are secretly watching everyone and you want to give off a good impression of your team. Good luck! You will do great!

The day of the meet east some carbs and some protein. The protein will stay with you longer so you don't start getting hungry if it is a long session.

As for nerves, what happens with people when they get nervous they something rush...maybe trying to be done faster. So, remember to slow down and BREATH. Breathing calms you down.

Good luck and have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back