WAG Meet question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lisbeth

Proud Parent
Our gym is hosting a meet using a modified Capitol cup format. How many timers do we need for vault?
(One gym set up with 2 sets of equipment for flights A & B). I am thinking just one, but thought I would ask here :)
Thanks.

Probably don't need one at all...most judges will just allow the required 2-3 vaults and keep track of make sure the girls are doing the correct amount. At least in NY, we were never timed until optional level state championships. All other meets have been fairly low key.

Probably don't need one at all...most judges will just allow the required 2-3 vaults and keep track of make sure the girls are doing the correct amount. At least in NY, we were never timed until optional level state championships. All other meets have been fairly low key.

This might be true, but it's not the judges job to time warm up or to count vault warm-ups. You need a timer at vault to time warn-up. They are guaranteed a certain number of warm-up vaults, but if they're quick they can get in more. Judges will time if they have to, but you shouldn't expect them to.

i think the only time i timed vault was at the beginning of our state meet. but i'm not 100% sure even then. after that, each gymnast gets two practice vaults. i have NEVER time the running. we host our own meet (all levels JO and Excel) and have also hosted level 6/7 state meets the last two years. and never once have we timed running. so maybe the poster mentioning that level 3 running is timed is from a state with that specific rule???

we did just host our meet this past weekend and i did time up on beam. you need two beam timers. that much i do know! the beam timers at our meet stayed in their place. they were either timing warm up or the actual beam routine. and the other beam timer was doing the same thing but opposite you, so timing warm up while you were timing routines. that was my first time on beam so that was new to me. i usually time floor. i've gotten good at calling clear loudly to get those bumping in off the floor. lol

Thanks everyone. Think we decided to have just one timer for vault for warm ups of all flights.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back