Parents Meet Report - Fall Festival and Magnitude Inv

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Midget's Dad

So I have been slacking and just pulled the video from the meet 3 weeks ago at the same time I pulled last weeks meet. Only 1 more to go and then States! Seems like the season has flown by.

Fall Festival:

I thought Bella did great, small improvement in scores from the last meet but I am seeing lots of improvements in other ways too. She got her FHC for the first time in a meet, and promptly missed her shoot-through LOL. That and she is not real fluid going from skill to skill. Lots of hesitations. That and the wicked witch (Judges were in costume) was judging Bars. :eek:

[YOUTUBE]PnsOWuITvNg[/YOUTUBE]

Magnitude Invitational:

This is the first year for this meet and they went all out. It was themed "Camelot" and all the judges were dressed in medieval costumes as well as the workers. The gyms were introduced as kingdoms, "The Kingdom of Gaby's Gymnastics" for instance. And during awards they were queens, princesses, and ladies. The medals were very nice custom ones as well.

We only had 4 judges so they were switching between events and I think 1 pair was really lenient, the other pair was just a bit inconsistent. But it is what it is and honestly the girls had a blast so it isn't worth it to care all that much.

Bella did great, again improving over the last meet in AA. Same issue on Bars though. She finally has her FHC and cant hit the shoot-through to save her life.

[YOUTUBE]mOtyuCV8OMk[/YOUTUBE]

Nice job! Good scores!
I love the theme of the second! What a cool idea!
How do you manage to get such good videos? Mine always have people walking back and forth in front of where my daughter is competing, etc. Are you 8 feet tall or something? :)

Looks like Bella is improving every meet! You can't ask for more than that. I think I want to use that excuse for my dd - the Wicked Witch of the West was judging bars! LOL! BTW, I am seriously impressed with the scenery there in that last meet. Those folks went above and beyond. I hope Bella hits that shoot through in a meet soon. It has something to do with where they are looking when they do it. I'm sure her coaches are working on it and she will get it soon. Thanks for sharing her vids!

Nice job! Good scores!
I love the theme of the second! What a cool idea!
How do you manage to get such good videos? Mine always have people walking back and forth in front of where my daughter is competing, etc. Are you 8 feet tall or something? :)

Heh no, not quite 8 feet. But I do try to get above others on the bleachers and then stand up on the top step. :D

Her joy at doing gymnastics just radiates from her. Loved that 2nd meet you showed also---what a neat idea. They really went above and beyond.

Shes so cute. Those level 4 bars almost did my daughter in she could never quite get that shoot through mill circle even after her 2nd year of level4 then once she got her kip level 5 bars were much better.

How cute! Nice improvements! I guess I'm not the only one who notice her walk back to do her second vault. :)

Haha no you're not. I cracked up the first time I saw the other gym's coach mimic her to our coach. Watch the other ones again though, she does it ALL the time.

Awesome job! She's very fun to watch as she really looks like she's having fun. I LOVE the appropriateness of the "wicked witch" costume...I think we've met that judge a few times ;) lol!

Great job Bella !!!! She is really coming along and you can see the progress!!! That is so cool. Hope she keeps it rolling just in time to peak at states :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back