MAG Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

MyBoysFlip

Proud Parent
So meet #3 today. First big meet of the year- he met his goals of hitting 6/6, adding the Kip/cast bonus to high bar, and doing the pbar routine in the correct order! Also new high scores on floor(11.5!!!), pommel, and pbars, & high bar. Great placements in all events and broke a 60 AA. My concern-he looked like an expressionless little robot (a very cute one-but still!). We call it his "all business" face and it used to make appearances at meets and matches but quickly be replaced with a smile or shrug if things went wrong. Now it's like he's checking off a list in his head:1. Make new connection. 2. Do near perfect floor routine. 3. Look at mom and give her a half smile thumbs up so she stops worrying. Get the picture? After the meet he needs some unwinding time and he's back to normal. He claims he's still happy and having fun. Any thoughts or am I just being paranoid?

First off, great job to your ds! Sounds like a good meet :) those connections are great and what a floor score!!

As for the "all business", if this was the first time, I would wait and see if it was just this meet, and maybe nerves. Some kiddos do just get that game face on for the meets. If he is still having fun in the gym, wanting to go, and excited about things, I am not sure I would worry too much yet. He may just be focused on what he is doing at the time. Sometimes I wish my ds had a little of that. He is almost too much the other way (if that is possible!)

My son is kind of like that. He just has a game face on. When he looks like he is having fun, that is when he makes mistakes. So, instead, he stays serious till the meet is over, so that the mistakes don't happen.

Great job to him. Don't worry about the all business face. These kids are dong high level skills, it must be hard to look happy and fun while concentrating on all of those skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back