Parents Meet this past weekend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Becauseisaid

Proud Parent
Well, my DD had her meet on Friday and I'm very proud of her. All of her scores have gone up (except beam) though there was VERY stiff competition in her age group.

Bars - 9.125 (7th)
Beam - 8.30 (7th)
Floor - 8.825 (8th)
Vault - 9.325 (9th)
35.575 - 8th AA

I do wish I knew what brought her beam score down so much. I saw a few rushed skills, but I wish I knew how much each one counted off for her. (Not that I'm planning on hashing it out with her - I'm proud of her regardless.) But - darn it! - her dismount was a thing of beauty! LOL!

Great job! Is this the Level 3 beam routine? I don't know much about it.. but you can try to find New Level 3 beam routines on YouTube and compare. :)

I recognize the judge and she can be pretty tough on scoring. Still, good job and her dismount was rock solid!

You are right her dismount was beautiful! I really don't know what the routine is supposed to look like but I thought (mom eyes) it looked very nice! The only thing that I could maybe see would be her scale not up to horizontal? But again, that may be what it is supposed to look like in the new routine? Very nice solid meet for her over all!

Beautiful routine. I would venture to guess (mom here not judge) that the deductions were from the routine being very slow. My gymmie used to do completely solid beautiful SLOOOOOWWWW routines and score in the mid 8's. I asked her coach about it and she said it was because while the routine looks beautiful its not fluid, the judges want each move to go into the next one without hesitation between the two.

I also don't know what it is supposed to look like, but it looked good to me! Great dismount. I was also thinking maybe the scale....? I don't know about the "slow deduction." My DD has always gone slow on beam, and scored low 9s through compulsory.

I'm just a mom, too, but the only thing that caught my eye is not holding the scale. I have no idea if they're supposed to..just what Ive seen.

Though just a mom of a new L3, the handstand lost at least .3 for not vertical & feet did not come together. Also, she lost .2 on heel snap. Heel did not come down. She probably lost some on not locking on relieve. These are things our coach has told us. These are easy fixes too! Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back