Parents Meeting with coaches to talk elite route with our DD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That post above sounds harsher than I meant. Your daughter obviously very talented. But the elite world, I am sure, is pretty small, especially when talking about a coach as well known as the coach mentioned.
Gosh, no worries! I totally appreciated the reply!! Thank you!

Well, not sure what you mean about an elite gym. We are in the same area as Twin City Twisters (they have had quite a few elite girls, most recently Maggie Nichols) and we are probably the #2 gym in the area after them. Our level 6-10s are coached by the husband and wife that own the gym and I believe that they used to train elite girls quite a few years back but it got to be too much for them at the time (they had a new baby at the time) and the husband swore he would never train elite again, but I guess he has seen something in these 3 young girls and has changed his mind. His wife's sister is the head coach at Oklahoma (K.J. Kindler) so I know that there is a lot of gymnastics knowledge there. My husband and I are already compiling a list of questions to ask at the meeting.

i think she meant has your gym had other elite gymnasts. the HC has to put in extra work to be an elite coach. i think our coach said he would have to go to the ranch for 1 week/month to be in that program (i'm getting this info 2nd hand from my dh who went to a meeting and told me that so that may not be the case). so he's concentrating on getting his gymnasts to college and doesn't seem interested in becoming an elite gym. each gym will have it's own path it takes it's gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back