Parents Mellow, finally, I hope

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Texasmomof3

Proud Parent
Gymnastics is so up and down and fraught with emotion. The past two years my dd has been injured just before meet season and not competed well. We thought all was finally well until a bad landing led to knee pain and MRIs and more stress fractures being discovered.

She is competing only bars this week at the first meet of the season, after having a really nice tsuk pike ready to go and some lovely skills on floor and beam. I hope she will be rested enough to compete everything by February, but who knows?

The good news is with a little more age, my dd is taking it better this time. I hate that she works so hard and was looking for good, just to have this happen again. But she isn't ready to stop gym, and she still works super hard every day, on what she can do.

I never thought I would feel so mellow about maybe missing the season.

So sorry about the stress fractures. Glad she has the right mind set. Important to be focused on healing. Wishing her a speedy full recovery. Big hugs.

I am really impressed, both with your dd and you. Mine has had so many injuries, one after another, that I still tend to get a bit frantic. Not so much about missing the season, more about the reintegration. That's where it takes the toughest toll.

But good for you to stay strong for both of you. And I'm so sorry to hear about yet another injury. Just miserable.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's injury right before meet season after all she has been through. My daughter missed one season due to injury. Your strength and optimism is amazing. It is during these times that we remember gymnastics is much more then the competitions. The gym is their second family, its their everyday workout that keeps them conditioned during most injuries, the discipline, the social, being part of a team, commitment, and its about a journey that will help shape who they become as adults. Wishing her a speedy recovery, great bars :), and that she will be back to the all around by the end of the season.

Your first sentence sums up SO much about the sport. Our girls are tougher than anyone realizes. I am so sorry for what has happened, and I hope for the best for your child....and am very impressed with both her and you in terms of how you are handling it. Kudos to you both, and healing thoughts coming your way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back