MAG Men's JO Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
That was an interesting article. I htink a lot of people feel this way. One parent I just talked to said it was kind of funny. With the new format, her son technically placed 100th on an event on day 1, but with the JE being pulled out and the ages moving to individual years, then the JO AA top 20 pulled out, her son qualified on 2 events to event finals. Very exciting for him and his family, but maybe not as prestigious as it was last year to make EF.

Anyone as frustrated with meet scores online as I am? I wish there was live streaming or something, anything, instead of this site.

meet scores online is so much better than my meest scores that I tend to try to keep my annoyance with them under control. ;-) Most of the meets my girls have been in have either used my meet scores, or even worse, only have results available on the club's website. so annoying.

Real time sure would be nice though. It works sometimes; but often doesn't.

Yeah...my DD's last meet was 3 weeks ago and the scores still aren't posted. I've been stalking the Men's JO Scores because our boys are there and we're all very close so the girls are very interested in how they're doing. So far, they've done well. They compete again today.

Good luck, everyone!!

Not live scoring, but Eastern Nationals was posting results after each session. I do like MSO, though -- our boys go to a couple of meets each year that links in with them, and it's nice to be able to see how everyone's doing in the sessions we're not attending.

Now that the competition is done, I wonder if there will be any tweaks to this new competition procedure. Specifically, taking the JE kids out from the rest of the JO kids for the final results. I wonder if coaches will think differently about having their boys do the JE route? Like perhaps it would be those that have the best shot only. Then they would have a better shot at getting accolades doing the JO route.

It seems like the JO kids had their National medals tarnished a bit because the JE guys were not there.

It seems like the JO kids had their National medals tarnished a bit because the JE guys were not there.

I do wonder why they wanted to do separate things? What purpose does it serve in having 2 different "meets" and winners? I would have thought having future stars would be enough. It does make me wonder about my own son going JE. Why should he go JE for nationals, how will it help him.

My understanding is that, at L10, only the JE track will be eligible for invitations to the USA national championships, and only the JE 8s and 9s will be eligible to be named to the junior national team.

I thought this whole new JO versus JE track was interesting to look at. I wonder how coaching and gymnasts decided this year, and how they will the choices may or may not change the next few years.

That is how I understood it also, which is why I posed the questions.....

With two days of competition, taking some of the chance of just having a bad competition makes it so that the top twelve probably knew they would be the top twelve going in....or whatever that number was. If you knew you wouldn't be in the top 12, then why wouldn't you go for the JO?

This year there are gymnasts from Level 10 on the junior national team. Although after Winter Cup they did have a couple of -them from the 17-18 year old age division named to the senior national team.

My understanding is that, at L10, only the JE track will be eligible for invitations to the USA national championships, and only the JE 8s and 9s will be eligible to be named to the junior national team.

I think it will be interesting. I have heard of one gym, that even though most of their boys were doing JE, they moved half to JO to qualify more to nationals. I think that could get interesting.

Although, as a parent, that would bother me more. I think, if my son was truly a candidate for elite, he should try. It shouldn't be that he may not think he will make it so let's not go for it. IMO, you have to go for it.

However, I don't think I would say any nationals medals are tarnished. I think that all of the boys who made it to nationals, whether JE, JO, or whatever, should be very proud. And if they placed, that is incredible.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if they keep it this way for long.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back