Minor Brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Iwannabemargo

Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
Well, we , in our family, tend to be quite demonstrative people, very happy, very sad types. Pink and Fluffy is that in spades, and also suffers from terminal self-doubt.

So we had a pretty miserable performance at Sapphire, and I thought we would be far away from her "happy Place". Sunday she set up the floor beam, mattresses either side with a matt on top and informs me that she will be flicking on beam. She then proceeded to spend most of the afternoon shouting at her self and stomping around the room because she can't do it immediately.

Out comes the " if a skill is worth doing you have to practice it before you are able to do it" speech, and "its okay to fail as long as you try again "

Fast forward to last night, comes home from practice beaming from ear to ear, "guess what mum, I did a flick on high beam with only two matts underneath !"

I swear that girl will shred my nerves !

:rolleyes:

I am seriously impressed with her attitude. Can you send a bit this way please - my DD is starting to get her head down over the beam again at the moment.

A couple of weeks ago I thought we were back on the way up, but last night was not great. Due to limited hours they don't get to work on every piece all the time. Her vault improved with more time spent on that, but she didn't spend long at all on the beam last week and it showed again when she got back on this week. Aaargh.

Its tough. Ours do do each piece every session, except on a Tuesday, but beam is one of those things that is mercurial. It will come with time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back