Parents Missing school question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The district we are in now... if students are 1 minute to 60 minutes late, they are given a tardy. 3 Tardies = a full day absence (even if they missed a total of 3 minutes - I know because I asked... I could ALMOST see if for 3 HOURS, even though a school day is 7 hours). The funny thing is, according to the handbook, coming later that 60 minutes late (without an end time stated) counts as a half day absence. That means that TECHNICALLY you could bring the child in for the last hour of school and argue that they only have a half day absence.
Picking a child up early has a similar timing... Early dismissal is leaving 1-60 minutes early. Early dismissals count the same as tardies. More than 60 minutes early is a half day absence.
The only good thing is that students can miss 10 days per semester before anything is done... and you can get additional days by turning in a dr. excuse or talking to the principal in advance. They are FAIRLY understanding - funerals, weddings, family vacations they know about ahead of time are generally excused (and the school work is sent with the student).

The district we are in now... if students are 1 minute to 60 minutes late, they are given a tardy. 3 Tardies = a full day absence (even if they missed a total of 3 minutes - I know because I asked... I could ALMOST see if for 3 HOURS, even though a school day is 7 hours). The funny thing is, according to the handbook, coming later that 60 minutes late (without an end time stated) counts as a half day absence. That means that TECHNICALLY you could bring the child in for the last hour of school and argue that they only have a half day absence.
Picking a child up early has a similar timing... Early dismissal is leaving 1-60 minutes early. Early dismissals count the same as tardies. More than 60 minutes early is a half day absence.
The only good thing is that students can miss 10 days per semester before anything is done... and you can get additional days by turning in a dr. excuse or talking to the principal in advance. They are FAIRLY understanding - funerals, weddings, family vacations they know about ahead of time are generally excused (and the school work is sent with the student).

Same here! Three tardies is an absence. If you are more than an hour tardy, it's an absence even if you are there the rest go the day. Drives me nuts!

My friend's dd was in the Nutcracker performance for her dance studio. Missed school because she was in the performance that the school kids take a field trip to go see. It was an unexcused absence. What did she miss in class that day? A field trip to go see the Nutcracker. At that point you just have to scream or laugh....

My friend's dd was in the Nutcracker performance for her dance studio. Missed school because she was in the performance that the school kids take a field trip to go see. It was an unexcused absence. What did she miss in class that day? A field trip to go see the Nutcracker. At that point you just have to scream or laugh....

Makes you wonder where common sense went? I mean, come on!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back