Parents Monthly tuition cost?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD is xcel bronze and we pay $145 a month for 7 hours. We get a break though- regular cost is $218 a month. Once she moves to silver in June it will go to $165 a month (regular $270) for 11 hours. Meets are paid as they go, about 20-75 per plus coach fees (we don't have to pay because of the scholarship) of about $30 per meet. The uniform was $100 used or $245 new.

Younger DD is in 3-4 hrs rec a week and it costs us $86 a month (regularly $126).

Level 3, 10 hours a week, $250/mo PLUS CTEs. I want to say the CTEs end up being $2,000, so we essentially are paying $417/mo.

My DD is a level 8. We pay $325 / per month for 20 hours a week, our gym does not do fundraiser, so our Booster Club quota for this season was $1700 and it was broken over 3 months. It nearly killed us to come up with $825 for 3 months straight.

We had a local gal do our choreography, ended up at $150 which was cheap! The rest of the team pays a "Professional" who has created FX for Olympic girls, but that costs them about $850 plus they have to split the cost of his airfare. No thank you!

New HC just changed classes and pratice times 3 weeks into DD starting. 2nd hour a week optional... rec lvl 1, 2hrs wk $85 per month. Annual membership $25. Insurance $25. $5 open gyms 1.5 hrs. when she wants to go on Saturdays

I know this is kind of an old post, but this is on my mind right now.

My DD is level 7, trains 20 hrs a week. We pay 485/month, includes tuition, meet fees, coaches meet expenses and leo.
On top of that is the crazy travel, we only have two meets scheduled in town this season. We are going to Lady Luck, Chicago Style, Twin Cities, St. Louis twice and of course states. If you include those expenses, gas to gym, wear and tear on vehicle to gym, expensive "gymnastics" clothes, pics, souvenirs, gifts for coaches and girls, etc.. I am sure we spend a minimum of $750.00/month on gymnastics. Add to that a college student AND a three year old in daycare and sometimes I'm just not sure we are going to make it. My DD's goal is to do college gymnastics, and I will do what it takes to help her get there, she is very talented (level 7 - been in the sport for 5 years), but I may end up bankrupt along the way. :(

Level 4 (but was same for level 3 last year), 10 hrs/week = $365 month, but billed in 6 or 12 week increments so a bigger cash flow crunch. Really, really wish they would go to monthly billing so at least I could plan on the same day each month for the auto payment to process.

$750 / year meet and coaches fees, plus extra $200 for sectionals and states
$400 leo & warm ups every 2 years
$60 optional private lessons which we do about once a month

I know this is kind of an old post, but this is on my mind right now.

My DD is level 7, trains 20 hrs a week. We pay 485/month, includes tuition, meet fees, coaches meet expenses and leo.
On top of that is the crazy travel, we only have two meets scheduled in town this season. We are going to Lady Luck, Chicago Style, Twin Cities, St. Louis twice and of course states. If you include those expenses, gas to gym, wear and tear on vehicle to gym, expensive "gymnastics" clothes, pics, souvenirs, gifts for coaches and girls, etc.. I am sure we spend a minimum of $750.00/month on gymnastics. Add to that a college student AND a three year old in daycare and sometimes I'm just not sure we are going to make it. My DD's goal is to do college gymnastics, and I will do what it takes to help her get there, she is very talented (level 7 - been in the sport for 5 years), but I may end up bankrupt along the way. :(

Level 4 DD, but also trains 20 hrs a week. We pay $100 less than you a month, but that's only tuition. On top of the tuition we paid $1200 in meet\coaches fees this season, so divided by 12 months, that's your $100. And that didn't include the leo.

Region 4 SD level 8 20 hours per week $430/month plus $2000/year booster fee for registration and coaches travel we pay our own travel.

level 4 here is 250 per month and the required hours that pays for is 4 hours 3 times a week M,T,TH = 12hours.........open gyms are 20/day on Saturdays and run from 10-2............team Leo = 60..............meet fees, hotel, travel, coach, costs all vary. We also do private coaching twice a week for an hour and that is 45 per hour. There is a Booster club but I am not sure what that is and have never been approached about it so that is not on my purse yet but it is going to be an expensive rest of DD childhood lol...............though from looking at the other posts I am not really paying more than anyone else and even less than some! EDIT: we also have an 85 registration fee once a year in August but I am sure that is for insurance or whatever and doesn't really go into the gym

Wow I feel better about our fees, $360/mo for 19 hours, this is our 8s-9s-10s. Plus ~ $600-$700 meet fees and new gear every two years to the tune of about $550.

Seems like most of your kids are putting in more hours at L4, but somehow it works fairly well for our gym, guess they really do make good use of their time. I don't know when my daughter would do homework if she went 25+!

My 5 year old is on pre-team, which is AAU Level 2. She goes for four hours a week and we pay $130 per month. Her meet fees, uniform, coaches fees, etc. are separate.

Level 2 6hrs a week $150 a month plus $50 a month for tumble classes (she is weak on floor) then $40 an hr for privates as needed. (This is during the school year, many camps and extra over the summer).

I am new- what is this TOPS stuff? Our gym has the levels and that is it. I pay $150 month at level 3 for 9 hours. She can do a round off back tuck and front flips pike and back flips pike and recently just figured out a kip with no formal training- they only do handstands and single back handsprings in her level. Help!!

I am new- what is this TOPS stuff? Our gym has the levels and that is it. I pay $150 month at level 3 for 9 hours. She can do a round off back tuck and front flips pike and back flips pike and recently just figured out a kip with no formal training- they only do handstands and single back handsprings in her level. Help!!

Not to familiar with TOPS either but I know that some gyms do it and some dont. some swear by it and some say it is not necessary. But I do know there are age restrictions and it is for the strongest of the younger group (I think) 6-9 year olds not really clear on the ages but that is the extent of my knowledge

TOPS is a program designed to identify young girls (7-10) with 'elite' (don't kill me) potential.....on paper. Essentially, the TOPS training program focuses on strength and flexibility and higher level skills. It gives 'younger' gyms and coaches exposure and experience with the national team coaching staff. Some gyms opt to not participate bc they already have the inside lane to the national team staff, imo. The controversy is that very few TOPS athletes will make it to the elite level and many girls that make it to the elite level will not have participated (or excelled) in TOPS. By no means is it a deal breaker, but it does help! TOPS testing is conducted in a national scale. 7 year olds test and the highest scoring individuals will be named to the diamond team. State testing is conducted for 8, 9, & 10 year olds. The top 100 are invited to the ranch for national testing. The top 50 scores from national testing are named to the TOPS A team and the next 60 are named to the TOPS B team. A & B team members receive apparel and an invitation to attend TOPS camps in December at the ranch.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back