WAG Moving up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Splat

Coach
Gymnast
I am currently a level 4 gymnast but I'm working hard to get to level 5 next year. I am working lots of level 5 skills and some 6 and 7. My question is what skills do you think a gymnast needs to move to level 5. Since summer is just starting I have a bit of time to work on skills before competition season. Any help on what skills you think I should focus on would be greatly appreciated. If you want I can even list a few skills that I already have.

What does your gym require for move up? Have you hit the wickets for their requirements at your previous level (L4)? Do they look for all skills solid by a certain date? Require just what's required by usag for routines, or more? Anyone can tell you the level requirements (flyaway, bhs or bwo on beam, bt on floor, etc), but that's not really telling you much since gyms vary so, so much. I would say that you should spend your summer focusing on having fun and trying your best at new skills, and let the chips fall where they will. It will make for a more enjoyable ride. Good luck!

My girls have to have 100% of their level 5 skills, as well as an understanding of the level six skills I would want them to compete (clear hip on high bar, BHS on beam, FHS front on floor, plus they need to do giants on strap bar well). My gymnasts do level 5 in the fall and level 6 in the spring so they have to be prepared for the short off season.

However as others have said, your gym will have different requirements so your coaches are the best people to ask.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back