WAG Moving

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think you're going to be in for a bit of a drive to get to one of the better gyms. The vast majority of the power in NorCal is in the Bay Area. Outside of the bay you have the Byers Gyms and Technique, but I believe all would be over an hour from Modesto. Champions in Stockton has a decent program and hosts a pretty big meet. I think that's in the 30 minute range.

Classic in Tracy, Gymstars in Modesto, GymnasticsUnlimited in Turlock.

And Champions in Stockton. Champion I have heard more about producing gymnasts.

Byers in Elk Grove might be an hour, but you'd be lucky to make it in 90 minutes to Technique with traffic.

What about USA Elite?
I looked up their web site and read through their list of accomplishments, which include:
  • 2 Olympic Trial Qualifiers 1984
  • 1 Olympic Team Alternate 1984
  • 1 World Team Member 1983-84
  • 17 National Team Members
  • 4 Jr. Olympic Team Members
  • 125 National Qualifiers
  • 58 All State Team Members
  • 139 Gymnasts ranked #1
  • 17 Elites
I also looked through my meetscores and the USAG list of JO, Senior elite, and Junior elite national teams dating back to 1984 to include the span of time referenced in the owner's bio. I don't know if there are other organizations besides USAG that have National teams but I found little at the USAG website to support the claim of 21 assorted national team members. Mymeetscore could be missing something but that's pretty relative in the sense that few clubs have had every result for every kid published over the past 10 years, but it's still easy enough to spot a club with a great competitive pedigree. The past ten year's of results at mymeetscores show a total of three level 10 and four level 9 gymnasts with a total of 1 showing at Western or JO Nationals, but then again there are instances where neither meet shows up at mymeetscores. I must say that I could have missed something in my search and certainly would appreciate being corrected by anyone who knows differently.

Maybe.........???

Just talking in terms of results, they have not done well at the optional or compulsory levels in recent years.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back