Parents Must brag...we finally have a L4 vault!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
I think it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen!:p
Younger DD (6 yo) has been struggling BAD with getting all the way up to the top of the mat stack with the L4 vault. Just in the last week or so has she even been able to even run and jump up there and do a forward roll! (that mat stack is HIGH when you are 6!)

Anyway she got it today with the handstand and nice tight body (the handstand was a little pikey, but I don't care at all! She did it!):D. I really couldn't believe I was watching MY child do it! Woo hoo! I think she is finally starting to understand what "tight" feels like, which is a miracle!

Now she needs some bars fairies because she still needs FHC, shoot thru (this she had and is now lost), and the evil mill circle. Everything else, she has!

I am just amazed at how far she has come since she started L4 in April. (very extremely shamelessly proud mama here)!:D:eek:

Thanks for reading and sharing in my shameless brag!

Yay! Congrats to your dd! I remember my dd at age 5 and 6 struggling with the L4 vault. It really is a high mat stack when you are a tiny 6 yo.

Congrats to your DD! It is great when things finally start clicking! Sending her bar fairies!!

I know exactly how you feel! DD has been in the same boat. She's only 5 and is pretty small for her age. She has really struggled. Because everyone else in L4 can vault just fine they always vault on the mat with 2 other thick mats on top of it. She couldn't even do it at 32' forever, much less with 2 extra thick mats. Finally this last week she did it by herself with all those mats. She could get up there, but always did a really piked vault, or a forward roll. I was so proud too! Congrats to your DD.

When I saw the "we" I got all excited, thinking that both of you had your L4 vault now!!! THen you'd be ready for the CB challenge and she'd be ready for her first L4 meet.

Oh well you better keep practicing, tell her AWESOME WORK, from me!!!

When I saw the "we" I got all excited, thinking that both of you had your L4 vault now!!! THen you'd be ready for the CB challenge and she'd be ready for her first L4 meet.

Oh well you better keep practicing, tell her AWESOME WORK, from me!!!

um, well, no, WE do not have it...but I consider it a group effort!:p
If I attempted the L4 vault I think I would not live to post about it. I do have a killer scale on beam though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back