WAG MyMeetScores top 100 question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD's gym has each level come up and make a short statement about the highlights of the season. Sometimes just the team captain will speak, other times several or all speak. There's usually a level or two that make up a little song or rhyme that captures the essence of their season. Then the HC will speak a little about the group's achievements.

My preference would be to not to dwell on scores too much. Everyone already knows this and it's so much more meaningful to have other accomplishments noticed. It makes people feel more valued.

At my kids gym, they read each kids highest score of the season in every event, and highest all around, they come up front and they also get a certificate. There are also some awards like most powerful, most graceful, rookie of the year.

I would think the decision for awards needs to be coach driven to fit in with what the coaches choose to recognize. While our parents (booster club) would pick out the trophies, gifts, mementos, etc, the choice of what accomplishments and characteristics to recognize always came from the coaches.

SOOO true. My daughter's highest score ever and her only 1st place AA is not on mymeetscores from her meet a few weeks ago. It was that magical meet where everything came together and she hit all 4 events. And while it probably wouldn't have put her in the top 100, it would have listed her as her gym's high bar score record. She would be really sad if at the end of year, that meet "didn't count" as awards were given just because some external site didn't upload that meet.

I personally like a mix of performance related awards and teamwork related rewards at the banquet. The girls loved the "stayed on beam all season" award which can cut across levels, "best cheerleader" award, and "fierce conditioning" award -- and if you want to focus more on scores, you can give out highest scores on individual apparatus.

My daughter also competed at the Magical Classic and had her personal best AA which would be in the Top 100.. So frustrating.. I have sent the link to them about 30 times...LOL. You would think an International meet of 2000 gymnasts would be worthy of their website.

My daughter also competed at the Magical Classic and had her personal best AA which would be in the Top 100.. So frustrating.. I have sent the link to them about 30 times...LOL. You would think an International meet of 2000 gymnasts would be worthy of their website.
I’m beginning to wonder why they have an add score option? They never add them. I’ve sent in Metroplex about six times with no response.

My daughter had a personal best meet in February which would have put her in the top 100 in AA plus 3 events. The meet was ON my meet scores, but only the last day so her session wasn't included! It was definitely a bummer. Plus it really minimizes the impact of the site. None of the meets we went to this year made it on mymeetscores. Yes, my DD has had scores all year that would have put her in the top 100, but so has the rest of her team, and how many other gymnasts are in the same boat? I wish there was a way of contacting them. I would volunteer to add the scores from our state :)!

Our gym does something for each girl (most improved, best floor routine, biggest cheerleader, etc..), each girl gets a certificate awarded at the banquet with her name and award on it. We also recognize all the girls that broke a gym record and all the girls that qualified to state, regionals, westerns and nationals as well as any girls that broke 38 (we had to have a special award last year for one girl who broke 39!!). We also do something special for the graduating seniors as well as a slideshow with pictures and videos submitted by the gymnasts and parents (I'm in charge of the slideshow this year and I think I bit off more than I can chew!!).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back