Parents NAIGC level 9 for current level 10

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BlueSky

Proud Parent
Hi! Just learning about NAIGC... How does level 9 work if you are a level 10 USAG with 10 SV on 3 events and close on the 4th? I see there aren't difficulty restrictions with 9.7 SV without bonus. Is it possible to compete level 10 skills as a level 9 in NAIGC? Of course continuing to train level 10 skills is a different matter so very generally, what's the training schedule for club teams?

It's absolutely possible to compete L10 skills in NAIGC! As for training ours it is different for every college. My team has 5 hours available in the women's gym and 7 in the men's for a combined 12 hours. As for time of day it's usually in the evenings or afternoons. If your school doesn't have a gymnastics program and you have to go off campus, it might be 8-10 pm because that's when the gym empties out. Yes it's late, but that way you can do the open gym style workout that most clubs have

I'm on an NAIGC team with a few former level 10s on it. One of our girls competes level 9 with roughly level 10 routines and a couple others have dropped down to other levels for more fun/less stress/injury/whatever it may be. There is no difficulty restrictions in NAIGC 9, so she can definitely compete any skills she has and likes, and there is a possibility to start from a 10.1 with enough difficulty but I don't actually know what values or connections you need for that (I am not a level 9!) I can't speak for every team, but at least on my team there aren't a ton of people who are strong all arounders or have 10.0 SVs on all 4 events, so starting from a 9.7 on one event wouldn't be out of the ordinary at all. We have three 3-hour practices a week that are all open gym style, plus an additional 8 hours of open gym (available to not only our team members) across the other days, so I am usually in the gym for the full 17 hours across 6 days, but most people on the team are not there that often. Please lmk if you have any more questions about NAIGC!!

Thank you both! Daughter excited to continue gymnastics in way that works with her other goals and less stress on her body. It looks like the club team at her new school is pretty active but laid back and fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back