WAG Nail Polish?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I really hope I don't get laughed at for asking this....

High school gym season is starting soon. I don't do club, just high school, so I only do it for one season each year. I am someone who is very perfectionist about how I look and I like always having my nails painted, at least my fingernails; I don't really care about whether or not my toenails are painted during the winter because I don't wear open toed shoes during that time of year. However, it just occurred to me today that I'll get a deduction if I'm wearing nail polish during a meet. I usually get my nails done every 3 weeks(I'm terrible at painting my own nails), and meets are like once a week during high school season, and manicures aren't exactly cheap so I can't just remove the nail polish anytime I have a meet. So I was just wondering: does anyone know if there's anything I can use during meets that makes it look like I'm not wearing nail polish? Like stickers or something that look like plain nails that you can put on your nails? I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question or makes it sound like I care more about my appearance than gymnastics. I only do gymnastics 3 months a year now so I forget about these changes I have to make during the season and I really don't like how my nails look when they're not polished. Also, my best friend and I rarely get to see each other anymore and we always get our nails done together so that's when we really get to spend time together. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really don't want to sound like someone who's overly concerned with appearance and looking nice and doesn't care about my performance :( Thanks!

Is there anyway you can just get clear nail polish next time you get them done?? Wouldn't be as exciting as colors, but at least you could still get them done at a salon! Not sure if clear would count as polish or not though?? Just a thought! :)

My daughter and her friend just wore clear nail polish. They had got their nails done as part of a birthday party the day before a meet.

Seriously, it only 3 months to go without nail polish. Just have them to the nails and buff the heck out of them. that way if you get a real stickler of a judge for nail polish even clear polish you are covered. You will survive for 3 months believe it or not.

Seriously, it only 3 months to go without nail polish. Just have them to the nails and buff the heck out of them. that way if you get a real stickler of a judge for nail polish even clear polish you are covered. You will survive for 3 months believe it or not.

Not only will you survive without polish, it will be good for the health of your nails. And really, there are most likely going to be times in your future when you are not going to be able to afford "nice nails" (college.. first job...) or times when you will not want to be around those fumes (pregnancy) and times when you simply won't have the time (mom of young kids).

I know little things seem really big in high school. Just believe me when I say that it really is NOT a big deal. Your body is beautiful and strong and healthy. Forget the polish.

Btw....I ask this rhetorically (meaning don't answer) but....are you, by chance, from Texas? :)

You shouldn't get deducted for clear nail polish... or a shade that matches your skin (just make sure it is clear at the ends where your skin wouldn't be underneath).

You can actually wear nail polish it's not a deduction. It's a myth that coaches came up with. It is easier to see you had and get more derivation from it but not because your wearing it

Our coaches told us (the moms) that there is no deduction just for the nail polish; but that the nail polish really can bring attention to toes and hands. So a not pointed toe is bad enough; but one with bright red nails on it is going to be even more obvious. Same with hands - not in the right place is bad, not in the right place with bright red nail polish is going to be even more noticeable.

If I were you I'd either go with buffed nails or get clear or a french manicure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back