WAG Naming skills after people

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay, this is a question that randomly popped into my head today and has been bugging me ever since.
So I know that for a skill to be named after you, you have to perform it successfully at worlds or Olympics (do you have to do it in event finals or not? I'm not sure. That's not my main question though). But what happens if two people do it at the same time?
So, for example (this is completely hypothetical, by the way. I'm not saying there is any chance this would happen, I just made it up), let's say Maroney and Wieber both performed a triple twisting Yurchenko in vault finals at worlds next year, and they both submitted it to be named after them. Who would it be named after?

I'm going to take a WILD guess... either the one who does it first (the gymnast who is first in order) or the one who scores the highest.

I have no idea, just a guess here.

:)

they would both compete the skill, and who it would be named after is the one who successfully complete it. if they both were to successfully complete it, i believe it would go to the highest score. if they tied? who knows. but both scenarios have never occurred.:)

and last i knew, it would be submitted to "any" world cup event. this includes worlds and Olympics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back