Nastia on The Biggest Loser

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Man, I missed it! I'll have to watch it on Hulu tomorrow. Did they get the contestants trying some gymnastics (that would've been interesting!) or did Nastia just talk with them about health?

Seems like it's sending the wrong message to me...just the concept, haven't seen the show. I mean, gymnastics health is worlds away from obesity-weight-loss health...if I was on that show I wouldn't appreciate a 90-lb teenager with Olympic gold under her belt showing up...
But I guess I have to see the show.

She talked about managing foods around workouts, it seemed appropriate. Then she watched them do a fitness challenge. It's fluff, but anything positive that keeps gymnastics on the news is good for the sport as a whole. Plus she must've made some money.

She did a good job. She talked about ignoring the "I can'ts" and pushing through pain to reach a goal. The contestants seemed to like her.

To me it's totally ludicrous to have Nastia on the Biggest Loser show giving advice on weight loss and workouts as there is nothing normal (in the real world) about how she maintained her weight or worked out as the "normal" person (such as a BL contestant) does not eat less than 1200 calories a day and work out in excess of 35 hours a week at gymnastics...I also have stopped going to Subway as she advertises that too and there's no way that girl ever ate a sub from there or anywhere else!!

Whaaaat? How is there nothing normal or relevant about an athlete making healthy choices and an obese person doing the same? Being human is commonality enough. I just saw the episode. She didn't come off as smarmy, arrogant, or condescending. She points out sacrifice and priority as something she has in common with them, which is truth. She also congratulates them very graciously at the end of the challenge.

As far as Subway goes, whatever she's an athlete with an endorsement. An endorsement with a healthy message. Beats being on the side of a happy meal that's for dang sure. Are all their sandwiches gut busters? Probably not. However, Nastia isn't there ordering people to layer 5 cheeses, no veggies, and a 2 inch thick smear of mayo onto salami and roast beef on white bread dipped in oil either. She struck a pretty happy medium between making some money over a brand name and maintaining healthy lifestyle integrity. Subway is literally what the individual makes of it, and as franchises go they are doing more than most are to promote good menu choices.

I missed this show. I wish I hadnt. I watch them all. I woud have really been interested in what she had to say. I DVR it each week, as hubby doesnt care for it. Well somehow while he was deleting a show he had been watching, the BL got thrown out too. We have been having alot of problems with our cable company as of late...ugh. I dont think it will reair here, at least not until closer to next season and they will probably show this whole season in a marathon.

The last few seasons they have had "name" athletes come and talk or work out with the contestants. They had them spend a week at the OTC in Colorado Springs with some of the athletes training for the 2008 Winter Olympics and I remember Tony Romo was on last season(?) and did a workout---talked about staying in shape etc.

Nastia has a contract with Subway and Subway is one of the big backers of this show---makes sense to have an Olympic gold medal winner on. Earlier in the show they had them spend a week at Camp Pendleton with the USMC---their workouts are way different from what someone would do to lose weight and the food is not all that healthy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back