WAG National Committees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmbgymnast

Gymnast
I have been wondering this for a while, but especially now that Region 6 has a new Xcel Chairman. How is it decided who is on these national committees? Are they appointed or elected? Are they old coaches, parents, or some other role in the gymnastics world? They obviously have a lot of say in what happens rules-wise and otherwise, so there is obviously some sort of process. I would just like to learn more about all of this, so really any information would be of interest!

I have been wondering this for a while, but especially now that Region 6 has a new Xcel Chairman. How is it decided who is on these national committees? Are they appointed or elected? Are they old coaches, parents, or some other role in the gymnastics world? They obviously have a lot of say in what happens rules-wise and otherwise, so there is obviously some sort of process. I would just like to learn more about all of this, so really any information would be of interest!
They are elected by a vote of the professional USAG members within the Region they will represent. Most are usually current or former gym coaches and/or owners. Technical committee members are judges.

They are elected by a vote of the professional USAG members within the Region they will represent. Most are usually current or former gym coaches and/or owners. Technical committee members are judges.

Do you know how they get on that ballot? Is every professional member automatically on that ballot?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back