Coaches National Congress

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CreateMagic

Coach
Proud Parent
So, who went? What were your favorite seminars?

I went to mostly rec topics. Loved listening to Beth Gardner and Patti Komara. They both have great information and ideas, as did many presenters, but they just really stood out to me because of how succinctly and enthusiastically they presented.

The last one I went to was by Cindy Bickman on Growing a Special Needs Program. I left there feeling really excited about the possibility of starting a special needs program. Now, whether or not that actually ever comes to fruition is another story, but she was inspiring.

I did go to the 2013-2020 JO sneak preview. Anyone have any thoughts?

Compulsory Preview

Unfortunetely I was unable to attend National Congress this year. I am really curious about the compulsory preview. Can you share a little about what Tom had to say? Is everything as rumored skill-wise? Did you get to see a mock-up of routines at all? Super curious.

I'd love to hear anything as I'm not sure I will be able to make Regional Congress. My gym isn't going which means it would have to be out of my pocket. I'm not even sure I can get the time off since there is a staff event on Saturday that is strongly encouraged to attend, especially as I'm new.

I went to National Congress in 07 and was somewhat disappointed compared to region 1 congress. However, I wasn't as impressed with the clinics available last year and this.

Unfortunetely I was unable to attend National Congress this year. I am really curious about the compulsory preview. Can you share a little about what Tom had to say? Is everything as rumored skill-wise? Did you get to see a mock-up of routines at all? Super curious.

We got a rundown off all the skills in the new levels 1-5. I'll have to find my notebook and I'll give you what I have. (I'm in the process of getting ready for the new school year to start...anything gym recently got pushed to the back burner) I'll try to look for it and post later today or tomorrow.

I'd love to hear anything as I'm not sure I will be able to make Regional Congress. My gym isn't going which means it would have to be out of my pocket. I'm not even sure I can get the time off since there is a staff event on Saturday that is strongly encouraged to attend, especially as I'm new.

I went to National Congress in 07 and was somewhat disappointed compared to region 1 congress. However, I wasn't as impressed with the clinics available last year and this.

We were lucky that National was in our region this year. The last time I had gone to Congress was 2000 when it was in Boston. I've never been to a regional congress, as I took a few years off of coaching to go away to college, but I also wasn't entirely impressed with the selection of clinics this year. It seemed as though there were many clinics aimed at preschool or elite--but not a whole lot for just your basic rec or compulsory. Strange, because isn't that the biggest chunk of most gyms?

Thank you so much for your kind words, CreateMagic. :) I'm so glad you liked my lectures.

I really got alot out of Jeff Robinson's lectures on coaching boys. He's one of my heroes, and I always learn a ton when I get the chance to hear him speak. Alison Arnold was awesome, as always. Cheryl Jarrett's beam drills for level 4 was great! I got some really good information from all of them. So much to learn, so little time. ;)

~ beth

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back