nationalities not showing readily anymore?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

leotardmakermum

Proud Parent
I'm still finding my way around the new format, but one thing I have noticed is that where people are from is no longer shown anymore. I used to have an Australian flag with my name and non-existent avatar. Now, I don't think flags show anymore.

For those of us not from America (where the majority of posters are from) sometimes it really did add something to people's understanding when they could see that we are not from America and therefore our questions are from a different context. Where our experiences differ markedly from those in America, a flag indicating that people are in a different country was actually really helpful.

I have found that if I go into someone's profile, the "where" information is still listed, but I don't generally go into each posters profile to "check them out".

I have no idea if this is something admin has control over, or if this is just foist upon us by the new software. Maybe I'm the only person who found it helpful, however if flags could be brought back, I'd really like it.

Of course, maybe I just haven't yet noticed where this information is now displayed! ;)

I liked it too; but as an admin on some boards I totally understand if it isn't something that you can bring back. Sometimes we have to give up a few things. ;)

I can get one on the bottom of my post in the signature pane, but can't get it near my avatar -

Ahhh!...that signature is way to big. Like the concept...but that would giant animated images turn many away from forums.

I think I can get the flags back.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back