Anon NCSA Experience?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (bd58)

I received a call from a representative from NCSA regarding my daughter and her potential as a college athlete. I happened to be busy and did not answer the phone, so they left a message. It's a pay to get help with the recruiting process type of place. My daughter, while still a gymnast, is also a pole vaulter and hoping to pole vault in college. She's a freshman, so I don't feel like there is a rush at this point.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about NCSA and if it's worth considering down the road?

I would look at these kinda skeptical. It sounds like a CaptainU alternative. But in today's age, connecting and being seen by college coaches is a relatively low-overhead type endeavor with instagram and youtube. Back in the day, these services had some value since kids were dealing with VHS tapes and such. On the gymnastics recruiting side, this would be her year to get noticed. Sophmore year is when recruiting really ramps up

I would look at these kinda skeptical. It sounds like a CaptainU alternative. But in today's age, connecting and being seen by college coaches is a relatively low-overhead type endeavor with instagram and youtube. Back in the day, these services had some value since kids were dealing with VHS tapes and such. On the gymnastics recruiting side, this would be her year to get noticed. Sophmore year is when recruiting really ramps up
Thanks. She's only XD, so we're not looking at college gymnastics. Just pole vault.

I was recruited by some programs for pole vault but I wasn't passionate about D1, or even going to school to pole vault. I don't know how much the landscape has changed, but 15 or so years ago, a lot of schools just sent letters to every girl the right year who had made a certain height. I ended up vaulting at a D3 school with the amazing study abroad program options I wanted and had an amazing time. I ended up also running cross country for fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back