WAG Need a nice hairstyle for meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

@Iwannabemargo : I don't think they're hard either, but then I've done them since I was little. All the mothers around me keep telling me that they're hard so I'm going with it and concede that the majority of people find them hard.
Perhaps they either have fine motor control problems or are smarter than me and have figured out that I will do their kid's hair... :)

This is also my daughter, in the hairstyle her old gym required. I wouldn't suggest that you require this unless you want to go from small team to non-existent team :) http://tinypic.com/r/2czsio4/8

I love this. And pineapples are so EASY. Thanks for reminding me. It's one of the few pulled back styles my DD's fine hair will stay in.

Of course, I have been told I braid inside out (but the hairdresser that told me that always had the braid on the OUTSIDE, so I think SHE was inside out)

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that's called a Dutch braid and it's all the rage right now. Do your braids look like this?

6936fe1bc0bdab2a7d8acc236ce8b6c7.jpg

we have gone to practice with two curled bunches today - I have no reason to suspect the curls will last much beyond warmup mind

I love this. And pineapples are so EASY. Thanks for reminding me. It's one of the few pulled back styles my DD's fine hair will stay in.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that's called a Dutch braid and it's all the rage right now. Do your braids look like this?

6936fe1bc0bdab2a7d8acc236ce8b6c7.jpg
That's what HERS looked like. :) I thought I was doing my french braids the right way... left side over, then right side over picking up hair along the way.

I'm loving this thread, y'all (from the south here people!) have me giggling! If my gymmie would be still for it I would have so much more fun with her hair than I do, but she has sadly hit the independent "do it herself" stage. She does like the curls from curlformers though.....wonder if I could bribe her....:p

This was one of my biggest happy moments before our time off, my dd then old level 2 had chin length hair, coach said for meets it had to be up and back, so 2 ponytails, 18 bobby pins and 4 barrettes later my daughter could not do her forward roll on the bb, so she said to me mom can I cut my hair like tinker bell, so she had boy short hair it was super cute.
Best part I could always find her across the room at meets, she was the only one without a ponytail.
Now she has grown out her hair and we will have to put it up, I cannot do hair, I am that mom... My dd is 9 and does a much better ponytail than I do...

So long story short these are great ideas, but get to know your mommas. They will tell you the best styles...

Too hard Arron! Sorry :)
Here's a thought. My challenge to you and you'll get an idea of the difficulties:
Borrow a child. Try just a simple French plait down the back of the head and see how you go :)

Then post photos!

If all goes well, then you can do their hair! :D:D:D:D

(Edit: marie83's plan is good)

Shucks,you scared him away.You should have started him off with a simple"no bumps"poneytail.

Shucks,you scared him away.You should have started him off with a simple"no bumps"poneytail.
At a meet this year while warm ups were going on they had the announcer in the stands and found 2 random dads and borrowed two kids with long hair and gave the dads a brush and a ponytail. They had a contest of who could make the nicest ponytail the fastest. Let's just say nobody's was nice and they weren't really that speedy either. Funny to watch though.

At a meet this year while warm ups were going on they had the announcer in the stands and found 2 random dads and borrowed two kids with long hair and gave the dads a brush and a ponytail. They had a contest of who could make the nicest ponytail the fastest. Let's just say nobody's was nice and they weren't really that speedy either. Funny to watch though.
OMG was that at the UofC meet? I saw that and it was hilarious o_O.

May I please be added to the braid social group? My gymmie has crazy long hair and I could use all the inspiration I can get :D

Would love to be in the braid group, I'm talentless at doing hair, maybe why I have a Mohawk... But my kiddo wants her hair done nice for meets

Hi everyone - I have had some requests to join a group for people interested in discussing/ learning about/ sharing photos of hairstyles. Braid Idol is not really about hair specifically, and given that there seems to be interest in a hair social group, I am thinking about starting one - let me know if you are interested in joining!

Please add me!
We need something "cool" looking that can be "perfect" easily. I have no problem spending hours on DDs hair, but if there's a bump when it's over, SHE is over. Her hair issues cause so much stress that for states all we did was a regular ponytail, and it started falling out because she didn't want to worry about a style.

I would like to join if it's alright! I love hair and am usually the one doing everyone's hair! I would love some new ideas thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back