need help in choosing an slr camera lens for meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OK - I SO need a 2.8. Mine would totally be blury even with the high ISO. These are the shots I am looking for. Heck, I would even be happy with some of the slower action shots! I'm not that picky! Right now, I am getting better stills with my video camera, where I freeze the video after the fact.

So - I have been looking on amazon and ebay. I was hoping to get way with a fixed lens but I don't think it's practical. I really need both the standard zoom and the telephoto zoom. It's a matter of which is more useful for me now. I think getting a 28-80mm (or thereabouts) is going to give me more flexibility overall and I can crop the shots. Then I can save up for a 70-200.

Thanks for posting all the pics.

So - I have been looking on amazon and ebay. I was hoping to get way with a fixed lens but I don't think it's practical. I really need both the standard zoom and the telephoto zoom. It's a matter of which is more useful for me now. I think getting a 28-80mm (or thereabouts) is going to give me more flexibility overall and I can crop the shots. Then I can save up for a 70-200.

Thanks for posting all the pics.

That sounds like a great plan. If Amazon is too pricey, just keep checking ebay. Hope that you find a great one that works best for you and is in the budget :).

Happy snapping ;D...pics that is, lol

when is the 1st meet? do you have a bit of time? there are places that 'rent' lenses. Not sure the pricing on that, but I've known a few photographers to rent a special lens to try it out before investing in purchasing them. Maybe this would be an option for you? That way you can try them out before deciding which one will work best for you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back