Need recommendation for lip stain AND body tape

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How's THAT for two totally unrelated topics??

We were informed earlier this week that the HC would like the girls to wear a little color for competition - blush and lipstick/lipstain. Any recommendations for a fair skinned brunette? Q's coloring is totally different than mine, so I'm learning :eek:

And next up - the bottom portion. Any recommendations on how to keep leos on those tiny tushes? I've heard toupee tape, but what brand? I've heard irish dancing sock tape, but heard you have to soak it off. What about Hollywood tape?

Anyone? TIA for any help.

I took daughter to the Clinique counter. I told them what I was looking for and they found something acceptable for us. I am brown haired etc so I can do that well. Daughter is blond with very pale skin. It was well worth the visit.

Wedgies-daughter says wearing the gym panties by GK helps keep the wedgy undercontrol. Our coach suggested going to Sally's and buying toupee tape any brand. Hope that helps.

Well, I would just ignore the makeup recommendation but I'm curmudgeonly like that. I don't really mind kids wearing makeup, fingernail polish or whatever if they want for fun sometimes but I don't really think it has any part of little kids gymnastics meets. I'd say do it if you want to and have something on hand, otherwise just "forget" to do it before the meet.

The leo might not be an issue, I'd have her try it on and see how much it rides up when she does a cartwheel or something. Does she have briefs to go under? You need a tight nylon type fabric, not regular cotton underpants, those won't work. If not you can use a little hairspray to hold it down sometimes (although be careful, test the leo first, some of the fabrics aren't that colorsafe).

I totally would ignore the make up thing unless she is 14 and asks to wear it. I cannot imagine a coach asking for kids to wear makeup, it isn't a pageant, it's a sport.

Hairspray on the butt helps a bit with leo slide, but a good pair of undies really is key.

At our gym, the rule on makeup is, "Does she wear it to school?" If so, she can wear it to the meet. Otherwise, no makeup. My girls wear it for dance/acro recitals, but that's for under stage lights.

How old is she - she looks a little young to wear makeup in your picture. Apart from playing around at home I wouldn't want my dd wearing makeup until she was a teen.

I haven't heard of little girls leos riding up - usually it is only older girls who worry.

I hate the whole idea of make up for gymnasts.... reminds me too much of the competition cheer teams with all of that make up!!! ESPECIALLY on the little ones.

I had mentioned on another thread that my DD had tried all the hairsprays, butt glue, etc., but none of them held for long, especially as the girls increase all their tumbling in their routines. I guess there's only so much that those things can hold on to!!!

I HAVE heard that the toupee tape is the best thing to use, we may be going that route as a 15 year old butt hanging out of the leo is NOT the most attractive thing to see!

I HAVE heard that the toupee tape is the best thing to use, we may be going that route as a 15 year old butt hanging out of the leo is NOT the most attractive thing to see!

An L3 bottom hanging out of the leo isn't terrible attractive, either LOL!!

She had a mock meet on Tuesday, and there were some major wedgies going on, so we need to try something - sounds like toupee tape will be the best bet (the nylon undies don't fit her tight enough to help - they only exacerbate the issue).

As for the makeup, it doesn't bother me. We're not doing a full face makeover or anything - just a touch of color on her cheeks and lips. She's a girly girl, and will love it and help get her excited. For me, it's no different than the special hairstyles and fancy leo that go along with meets - I don't spend an hour on her hair every day, and she doesn't wear a rhinestone encrusted leo to every practice - it's all "special" for competition.

Thanks for the tip on Clinique - I always forget about them - I picked up a nice natural color from their color surge line. The joy of Sephora - I can just add it to my order!

Our girls are not allowed to wear makeup. I think it is unnecessary our HC feelings are they are an athlete not a beauty contest. Becareful I think it is a usag rule no nailpolish and only 1 set of earrings.

As for the makeup, it doesn't bother me. We're not doing a full face makeover or anything - just a touch of color on her cheeks and lips. She's a girly girl, and will love it and help get her excited. For me, it's no different than the special hairstyles and fancy leo that go along with meets - I don't spend an hour on her hair every day, and she doesn't wear a rhinestone encrusted leo to every practice - it's all "special" for competition.

You're right, of course. I guess the only difference I see is that the fancy hair and leos aren't necessarly "grown up" whereas wearing makeup is more of a "grown up" thing. But a little cheek color and lip stain is a far cry from a beauty pageant. My dd needs full-body make-up I think. When I see her out there under those harsh florescent lights it strikes me how pale she is... even next to the other little blondies on her team.:D She would hate wearing any makeup though... she doesn't even like to wear glitter in her hair. She is NOT my girly-girl. That would be her twin sister.

Back when I used to dance, our leotards were awful for riding up. In desperation, one of the girls sewed sections of clear bra strap to the inside of her leg holes. Sounds bizarre...but it worked! Clear bra straps are made of slightly rubbery material, so it stuck to her skin really well. It'd be a pain to do that on every leotard, and I don't know how long it would last, but if the problem is extreme enough sometimes you'll resort to anything, lol. (It goes without saying that you should cut off the sliding adjuster, first...)

My dd needs full-body make-up I think. When I see her out there under those harsh florescent lights it strikes me how pale she is... even next to the other little blondies on her team.:D

Sounds familiar. When my cheerleading team competed, they all fake-tanned religiously for the week before so they wouldn't look washed-out on stage. I, being a very fair-skinned redhead, refused point-blank to wear fake tan or excessive makeup. You should see the photos...I look like I've been dipped in whitewash!

I forgot to mention earlier that my daughters' team is not allowed to wear any makeup, nailpolish, or jewelry. The lipgloss we bought was the first step into makeup as a preteen. :)
I do use the self tanner on her the week before. It helps blend her skin tone so that she doesn't look blaringly white in leos that are mostly black. :) We started this last year.

Burt's Bee's works wonders.
I love it, I love it, I love it!
There's also The Body Shop, which is all-natural and if you got light colors (both in blush and lipstain) I'm sure you wouldn't even notice.

we tell our girls that make up is not allowed cause if they know they can wear it then they go all out.... so i cant help ya there^^

as for the wedgies... i used tuff skin. it like hair spray but i think its specifically for leos. i got it from the movie stick it.... it works wonders^^

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back