WAG New compulsory music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twisting007bigflip

Coach
Proud Parent
Which version of level 3, 4 and level 5 are you guys choosing for your girls?

Level 3 piano, flute or violin?
Level 4 piano, trumpet, or mix?
Level 5 piano, flute, or strings?

I hate both the level 3 flute and violin music, so piano it will be.
Probably piano for level 4 too.
I like strings for level 5.

But, I am going to make them practice with all the arrangements, as much as I dislike some of them. I think it will be good for the development of musicality, as well as prevent "freezing" if the wrong music starts at a meet.

But, I am going to make them practice with all the arrangements, as much as I dislike some of them. I think it will be good for the development of musicality, as well as prevent "freezing" if the wrong music starts at a meet.

I agree... Less drama at a meet if they are used to using all of them.

I agree... Less drama at a meet if they are used to using all of them.
==
speaking of which we actually laughed about having all of our kids compete floor without the music,,, wonder what the deduction would be for that? ;)

Just heard the L5 music. Now known as the Pink Panther meets the Scary Clown.

Seriously.... listen to it. There is some serious scary clown in the middle. Much prefer the L4 music (samba?).

^^^Totally agree with this description of L5! And my girls say L4 sounds like elmo or sponge bob ? ... I just hate that everything is done with a synthesizer sound. Those arent strings, it's a keyboard sound. It hurts my ears!

I agree with the poster who said to use the piano versions. I'm finding that the lesser of the evils.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using ChalkBucket mobile app

The thing with flutes, trumpets, and strings is that producing a track with these instruments requires a LOT of attention to detail. Pianos, on the other hand, don't require nearly as much effort in the production phase to make them sound good. All of this compulsory music absolutely reeks of lazy and rushed production, and piano is the instrument that suffers least from that.

In other words, I'll be leaning towards the piano versions. The other instruments sound like a kid playing on a cheap synthesizer rather than an actual musician playing an actual instrument.

Finally heard the music and saw the new routines. Beautiful routine, but I agree that the music is terrible!! It sounds like someone composed 4 different parts and pieced them together. For such a lovely routine, I am very disappointed in the song choice.

The thing with flutes, trumpets, and strings is that producing a track with these instruments requires a LOT of attention to detail. Pianos, on the other hand, don't require nearly as much effort in the production phase to make them sound good. All of this compulsory music absolutely reeks of lazy and rushed production, and piano is the instrument that suffers least from that.

In other words, I'll be leaning towards the piano versions. The other instruments sound like a kid playing on a cheap synthesizer rather than an actual musician playing an actual instrument.
==
with that said, can someone please re-record the music using the exact notes but with real instruments and distribute it immediately!!!! what would be the deduction for that? still 1 point ?:)

I am starting to dread hearing it. Well... not so much for myself. I'm not particularly musically inclined; but my husband is really into music and recording and I can tell already that he is going to be griping about the music. haha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back