New Gymnastics Story Books!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just did a quick web search. Amazon is doing pre-orders in the U.S., but the release date listed (May 1) has already come and gone. I can't find the book on the Usborne U.S. consumer website.

My daughter will be thrilled when this is released in the U.S. She just finished the McKenna books from American Girl and is looking for more books about gymnasts.

Awesome! DD read the McKenna books in one weekend. I was a little disappointed in them, the plot was ok, I liked the message... but they really weren't fantastic. DD rereads books all the times and has never picked these up again. I think she wanted more gymnastics and less talk about school and injuries- lol. Also, McKenna was an "older" beginner gymnast. I think DD will enjoy these stories about higher level gymnasts.

Awesome! DD read the McKenna books in one weekend. I was a little disappointed in them, the plot was ok, I liked the message... but they really weren't fantastic. DD rereads books all the times and has never picked these up again. I think she wanted more gymnastics and less talk about school and injuries- lol. Also, McKenna was an "older" beginner gymnast. I think DD will enjoy these stories about higher level gymnasts.

My little beginner did not have an issue with McKenna's being a fourth-grader in Level 4 (she seems to think that McKenna is a high-level gymnast!), but like your daughter she wished there were more gymnastics in the books. I think the books are really intended to be about overcoming reading challenges and accepting differences, and the gymnastics part is just a ploy to sell more dolls.

The Gym Stars books can be purchased from a British site for shipment to the US (or anywhere in the world) at what seems to me to be the same price as on Amazon. The site is bookdepository.com. Right now they have a coupon code for 10% off, so it might actually be less. I have purchased children's books from them before and had no problems. It does take a while for them to arrive, though.

I pre-ordered on amazon. I wonder when they are available. My dd is reading the American Gold Gymnast series right now.

Amazon.com: Competition Fever (American Gold Gymnasts #1) (9780553482959): Gabrielle Charbonnet: Books

I also ordered her this book recently.

http://ttp://www.amazon.com/Broke-Gymnastics-Victory-School-Superstars/dp/1434238695/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?
s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336215708&sr=1-2-fkmr0

and

http://www.amazon.com/Break-Balance-Victory-School-Superstars/dp/143422807X/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c

They look like the will be a bit too easy for her but I thought she may enjoy them anyway.

I also found this book

Amazon.com: Gymnastics Jitters (Jake Maddox) (9781434239082): Jake Maddox, Margaret Gurevich, Katie Wood: Books

I haven't received them yet so I can't give a review. Anybody read any of the above? We have read McKenna and all the junior gymnasts series books.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back