WAG New level 1 (formerly level 2)?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

mouey77

Could someone please tell me if the new level 1 (formerly level 2) will be competing in meets, or is this more of a preteam level where the kids will learn the routines but not compete? Thanks!

It probably depends mostly on your gym. I think there are some gyms that currently compete levels 1 and 2, but that's not the norm. I'd assume the new level 1 would be the same deal.

It also depends on the state. Our state didn't compete levels 1-3 before the change. We will continue not to compete levels 1-2, but will add 3 since it is equivalent to the current level 4. I will assume there will be an additional state meet added, unless they are able to add the level 7 to the level 8-10 State Meet. I will be curious to see how things play out there.

Yes, it depends on your gym/state. Our state competes old L3 and I "think" will compete new L2 this coming year.

It depends on the gym and the state. The gym I coach at will compete at the lower levels. The gym my dd goes to will start at 2013 cycle level 3.

Thanks! It is Louisiana if that helps any! To make a long story short, my 6 yr old daughter tried out for the level 1 team at the gym she has been attending (as far as I know, the tryout was only to put new level 1's on the team. It was all young kids). She was evaluated at another gym back in January, and they wanted to place her on level 3 (level 2 now) (she wouldn't have competed because it was too late in the season) at that time. I know she is eager to go to meets, but even if level 2 is a better fit maybe that level doesn't compete either. I have no idea if this is even a good placement for her. Her tumbling skills are pretty good (she does back walkovers, back handsprings, and round off backhandsprings by herself--I doubt that they are quite good enough to compete in a routine, but she seems to be picking things up fast). I know they just started showing her the old level 2 skills on bar and beam a few weeks ago, and she picked it up pretty quickly, but more so on the bars. But I am not an expert, and maybe it's the norm to compete down a level where the skills are in the best shape??

Look -- if she was trying out for Level 1 recently, it would be new Level 1 because the gyms have known about this forever. So apparently your team is competing new L1.

Around here (Atlanta) a lot of gyms competed old L2, and probably will do new L1. A lot won't. My daughter's gym started this past year with old GA AAU L3; the new girls coming in will do GA AAU new L2, with the next level in her team being new USAG 3.

Ok great! As long as she can do the meets. It wasn't really clear if it was some kind of preteam thing where they will be working out with the team but not actually competing.

Sorry about that as i was saying, we don't compete until level 7 because we are beginners up until then and need to learn more skills. I don't know how it works in your country but I guess it depends.

Sorry about that  as i was saying, we don't compete until level 7 because we are beginners up until then and need to learn more skills. I don't know how it works in your country but I guess it depends. 
I thought nearly all Australian clubs competed from level 1, a few maybe not doing 1-3, but never heard of a club not doing 4-6.

Sorry about that  as i was saying, we don't compete until level 7 because we are beginners up until then and need to learn more skills. I don't know how it works in your country but I guess it depends. 

Wow umm.. Well I was at a meet and I was doing bars. I went to do a swing through and go up and around but instead I ended up doing a swing through into the crowd! The bars were really close to the crowd and I landed at one of my gym friends grandmas feet!  I got so embarrassed I ran out of the meet and went strait to my mums car! My mum dad and coach had to come out and get me!

Can you please choose your online persona/story and stick to it.

And how about not dredging up old threads and then only answer if your answer relates to what was asked. A question about competing USAG probably should not be answered by someone from Australia.

The whole 'in Australia...' thing is like the 'at band camp...' no one really cares 99% of the time.
lol, no I find if you say 'at band camp' everyone sits up and listens, unfortunately it's never quite what they are thinking (well at least not at my kids band camps) but Australia yep, lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back