New Ratchet buckle Grips from Panfilof & Daughters

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jasmynn

Coach
Proud Parent
Has anyone tried any of their grips? I just ordered their velcro grips. www.aaagrips.com This is my first time ordering grips. :confused: The velcro is supposed to be of better quality. They also have a new ratchet style fastner. I also ordered a pair of reisport grips b/c her coach suggested them. Her dad wanteed her to have two pairs (different brands) so hopefully one pair will work out. she's 11 y/o level 5 training for level 6 starting next month.

Anyone ever used any of their grips? I can't find any reviews on them, positive or negative.

Last edited:
Hmm, I've never seen these before. They look like they have some good features, although the way the non-narrow style is cut looks it could be too wide for smaller hands (but I don't know the proportions since I've never seen them in person). Also, I don't like my grip finger holes to have flaps, but a lot of grips are like that.

Well, I spoke with the company. They told me that since she's 11, not to get the narrow, and that it's for younger gymnasts. What is the purpose of the the flaps? Can they be cut off?

Has anyone tried any of their grips? I just ordered their velcro grips. www.aaagrips.com This is my first time ordering grips. :confused: The velcro is supposed to be of better quality. They also have a new ratchet style fastner. I also ordered a pair of reisport grips b/c her coach suggested them. Her dad wanteed her to have two pairs (different brands) so hopefully one pair will work out. she's 11 y/o level 5 training for level 6 starting next month.

Anyone ever used any of their grips? I can't find any reviews on them, positive or negative.

Why does your dh want her to have 2 pair of grips from different manufacturers? Grips from 1 company can feel differently than grips from another---could make usng the 2nd pair a little harder.
My gymmie has 2 pairs of grips, but both by the same company.

I have no idea. I guess to give her options to see which ones she likes better because there are so many different kinds. I've heard great things about the reisport though. I fear we got them too large. we got a size 2. When I measured her hand it was at 6.5 which size one is supposed to fit 6 to 6.5 and size 2 fits 6.5 to 7. The other brand I got a size 1. So, we'll just see through trial and error. She tried some friends on in the gym, but it was hard to tell b/c they mostly had size 1, but the holes were too small. Thank goodness for good return policies!

Now one other question. If the size 1's are ok, how do we open the finger holes? Is the sand paper the only option?

Well, I spoke with the company. They told me that since she's 11, not to get the narrow, and that it's for younger gymnasts. What is the purpose of the the flaps? Can they be cut off?

You probably shouldn't...it could end up tearing the grip. You can use sandpaper though.

Tons of people have the flaps. I just don't like them. I have a complicated system of putting rubber bands between the finger holes and then attaching them to the wrist strap so they don't slip.

I know girls older than 11 who still like the narrow grips, but if you can't try them on in person I guess it is hard to tell. Though at 11 and size 1 I would think the other version would probably be fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back