Coaches New to Coaching - Drills and Skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Iwannabemargo

Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
Hi Guys

DS - 15ish and ex lower level gymnast has work experience comming up. He is spending the week at Pink and Fluffy's gym where he is currently helping out with the rec groups two nights a week.

Hubbie and I have suggested in his spare time he puts together a file of basic drills and skills ( as he wont be there 9-5 and has to fill the school day, probably with me at home or work). His ultimate goal is to be a phsiotherapist but to coach his way through college ( beat pulling pints :rolleyes:).

Can you top peeps recommend any online resources I can point him towards.

Thanks

'margo

Youtube has so many great channels that have a variety of drills, conditioning and warm up routines. If he types in ______ (choose a skill) drills there are generally lots.
A couple channels to get him started:
Team Bounce - YouTube
usamlt's channel - YouTube
Tony Retrosi - YouTube
It all depends on what skills he is looking for. Hopefully this helps him out a bit. If you want any more channels that I like just let me know and I will try to post them.

It's old and a bit out of date, but it's still pretty good, especially for Men's Artistic Gymnastics. There are some other similar sites for girl's but not many for the men off the top of my head.

http://www.drillsandskills.com

These also have some various drill guides for basic men's elements. It's a bit targeted more at crossfitter, but Dusty and Carl were solid gymnasts in their days and are good coaches.

Movement Demo Library | Gymnastics WOD

CrossFit Gymnastics

Gym.Net - The Gymnastics Professional's Network Mike Taylor does a lot of gymnastics safety sort of stuff.

I dunno, he might be able to get more hours pulling pints. Really depends on what's around gymnastics wise and if they are in need of coaches or not. UK system is also way more state-run than the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back