New to forum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dahlia

Proud Parent
Hi everyone!

I've lurked here for a few weeks, and just joined today. I have 2 boys (8 and 6) who are both in rec gymnastics classes and a daughter (4) who just moved up to the pre-team classes at her gym. I did a bit of very basic gymnastics as a child, but nothing even like what my 4yo can do now! My boys enjoy gymnastics, but my daughter just LOVES gymnastics and wants to go to the gym every day. I was worried about her being in the more "serious" class, that it might not be as fun for her, but she loves it even more. She wants to be on the team someday, so we may be in this for the long haul. Looking forward to everyone's wisdom and expriences here!

I'm new, too-I remember having those same concerns when my daughter was the same age as yours-I had no clue about gymnastics and the committment it would take at that time (and hadn't discoverd a site like ChalkBucket). Happy to report my daughter still loves the gym-not so much every day like when she was little (conditioning is never fun but she knows it's a necessary evil) but nothing makes her happier than getting a new skill or earning praise from her coaches. Good luck!

Welcome--though I am new, myself! I also have an 8-year old son (not doing gymnastics) and a little girl who turns 4 this month. She sounds a lot like your 4-year old. I don't know how far this path will go for her/us, but it is such a joy to see this passion in her. Passion plus what we've been told is some natural talent = fun plus great possibilities. I'm glad to find others in the same boat as our family!

amphomma - nice to have someone else "in the same boat" so to speak. The whole heading into competitive gymnastics thing is really daunting!

Hold on tight and enjoy the ride! :) My DD's progression was Rec classes at 4, Pre-team at 5 and now level 3 team at 6. I don't know what I would have done without this site as there is so much to learn. I still consider myself a newbie :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back