Parents Not-On-Wall Medal Display?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is a beautiful piece. He put hours and hours of work into it and it is a cherished gift. It will be sad taking it down when she retires.

Leave it up until you move. Pegs can hold more than medals. Scarves, purses, photo frames hung on a cord, awards formed and hung on a ribbon are all non gym ideas for it. As for the wall, you're on your own.

I just though of something else-how about an over-the-door jewelry hanger or over-the-door coat rack for her bedroom closet or door? There are a ton of styles out there-that would work and solve the issue of not using the wall!

I feel safer from damage with command hooks on the wall, rather than overdoors potentially scraping the door when they move.

I use Command Adhesive hooks holding a dowel on the wall, and hang the medals from the dowel.

We got an iron free standing coat rack from Peir 1 and spray painted it turquoise to match daughters room. It's steady and holds ALL her medals for the past seven years and takes up just a tiny corner of her room.

How about one of these?

http://www.buystoreshelving.com/spinning_racks/index.htm
upload_2016-12-6_9-3-17.png

the only medals that count are the ones they get the day of each meet. then what? we are on season 3 and i thought for sure that in level 6 we'd be getting way less. nope. i think the meets need to not go out so far on awards. haha. right now all her trophies with her medals are in the room she shares with my oldest and she has a really nice custom medal rack that we've had for 10 months that has yet to be hung on the wall . and we've outgrown it with medals anyway. what do you do with all the trophies? it's ridiculous!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back