Parents Now my sons turn

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sally

Proud Parent
Well today I took my 6 year old son for a trial to a closer gym to where my dd trains. He can't train there as it is all girls. Any way currently he does a rec class 1hr a week, as soon as he started they asked if they could move to another area to try. So now it looks like he is going to do Competitive Acro 6 hrs a week. He is so excited as he wants to do comps, but now I am thinking what happens if they have a comp on the same time, my husband can't go as he works, oh well figure it out later.

its hard when you have a boy and a girl competing - I've been there. Most comps are on the weekend so maybe your hubby could do a few but for us we had to send my son (older child) to the meets with another family on a few meets. He went with the coach once too.

My husbands works interstate so will be hard to rely on him. If it gets to that I will send my dd with someone as she has been doing it a lot longer so knows what she has to do, while this is my sons first year.

I had two years with my girls competing in different systems and often in different places on the same weekend. The coach had to be both places too, what a mess it was. HOpefully you can work out how to clone yourself, just not easy sometimes.

Best of luck with two in the gym, start growing that money tree.

I know any advice on how to grow the money tree, all the trees I try to grow die lol. I am sure it will work out somehow, I am excited for him as he has always been in the shadow of my dd so I am glad that he has a chance to do something.

good luck
hope it works for you
it didn't for us!
ended up when dh lost his job, eldest dd who loved gym more than the others did their activities got paper round to supplement fees and now she is older pays her own training fees and i pay the other stuff. wish that money tree would grow!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I am sorry to hear that. She must really love her gym to do everything in her power to get the money. I know Acro is really costly but not sure about the boys side of it.

I have a boy and a girl, both on competing on team. So far we haven't managed to have any problems with comps on at the same time, possibly because where we live the judges tend to be the same people for both MAG and WAG. At State Championships one year they were both in the same session, I felt like my head was constantly on a swivel!

Hope your son has fun :)

He had his first week last week and loved it. Actually first time I have actually seen him sit and listen to the coach with out mucking around. The problem now is they are trying to get my dd to come over. They were like she can do level 7 in a mixed pair and in three years worlds. I kindly thanked them for there offer but said this is my sons turn, she is happy in Gym. Luckly they were good about it.

There are some tricky things about sports acro. You rely on a partner or group to make it work. If your child's artner is not committed then your child can't practice no matter how committed your child is. If the partner gets injured a week before nationals or worlds then your child is out, even if they are doing silly things like going skiiing for the first time a week before. I am not trying to discourage you just putting some thoughts out there about it.

I would also be very wary of a club who tells you that you will go to worlds in three years, referring to your 7 year old who he/she has never coached. I don't know who your coach is but if it is Yuri, that is what he tells everyone.

Yes not sure but about the worlds thing, they said for junior worlds they need to be 11. It doesn't really matter anyway because no she isn't doing it.

And in regards to my son he is doing it because I can't find a club around the area and he wants to do comps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back