Parents Off-Topic: iPhone showing vulgar videos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SophiaPD

Proud Parent
Forgive me because this is not relevant to gymnastics, but is a matter about parenting tweens... This morning my 11-year-old gymnast was playing Unicorn, which is a color-by-number app, on her iPhone. She reached a point where if you watch an ad, you get a free picture to color. Following the ad, it showed an explicit adult video including graphic nudity. :( Does anyone know why something like that would happen and how to stop it from happening again? She has no social media or anything like that on her phone, and Unicorn and the timer were the only things open. Thanks for anything you can do to help.

Forgive me because this is not relevant to gymnastics, but is a matter about parenting tweens... This morning my 11-year-old gymnast was playing Unicorn, which is a color-by-number app, on her iPhone. She reached a point where if you watch an ad, you get a free picture to color. Following the ad, it showed an explicit adult video including graphic nudity. :( Does anyone know why something like that would happen and how to stop it from happening again? She has no social media or anything like that on her phone, and Unicorn and the timer were the only things open. Thanks for anything you can do to help.

I’m so sorry that happened to your daughter. I would immediately delete that app, and add a review in the App Store to warn other parents. If you want to choose another coloring app, I would carefully read the reviews (I can tell you to avoid Recolor because it allows for messaging and comments). I would also pay a few dollars to get a no-ad version for further safety.

Thank you. I had read about recolor and the danger of apps that allow private messaging, but this one seemed safe. Almost nothing really is, I guess.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back