WAG Old School Compulsories (usgf/usag)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow, the class 3 bar routine is REALLY difficult. And she does it with almost no mistakes and gets 9.35 (of course I don't know what the angle requirements and such were, I guess).

Also, it's my understanding that it wasn't uncommon for parents to not even attend these meets.

parents never came to meets.

I competed in the early 90s... My mom has videos somewhere of me. I should dig them out next time we visit for DD to watch. I competed 5,6 and then this modified level 8 (only 2 Bs vs 4Bs on each event) and our routines all started from a 9.6

Those weren't the routines I did. I'm even older than that. I remember the bar routine really well. I'll have to keep looking for it. I loved the bar beat to stoop circle, glide kip, squat on segment.

Jenny, I'm looking for it, but here is the routine:

(standing between bars)
glide kip single leg shoot through and catch high bar
leg over low bar to short kip
sole circle bar beat to stand on low bar
reach down to low bar forward stoop circle change grip at the top
glide kip
squat on
long hang kip
underswing dismount

There may have been a front hip circle in there somewhere, but that is basically the routine.

Jenny, I'm looking for it, but here is the routine:

(standing between bars)
glide kip single leg shoot through and catch high bar
leg over low bar to short kip
sole circle bar beat to stand on low bar
reach down to low bar forward stoop circle change grip at the top
glide kip
squat on
long hang kip
underswing dismount

There may have been a front hip circle in there somewhere, but that is basically the routine.

This was the one I remember too. I also remeber doing a mill circle and catching the high bar. Ahh..old school!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using ChalkBucket mobile app

I know this is kinda mean but I spat out my diet coke when she managed to fall off the beam mounting it! Fastest beam routine ever lol :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using ChalkBucket mobile app

It is amazing to so just how different it is now. The floor routines had a lot more dance to them. Very fun to see.

That was the Class IV bar routine. I competed that Class III floor routine. I still love to do the fish flop! I hated beam so much that I barely remember the routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back