Parents Olivia is now a 7 year old!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

Hi everyone,

Olivia's birthday was yesterday and it started out really good for her. She woke up to find balloons, banner, presents. She was so excited!

She went to school out of uniform because she had won a no uniform pass months ago and saved it for this very day! She was so patient. So she went to school wearing her "fashionable" clothes from Justice. At 1:00pm I showed up with cupcakes and she was just very happy!

I gave her a choice of going to gym or staying home and celebrating with the family but she opted to go to gym and celebrate with her friends. We planned on singing her Happy Birthday and cutting a cake again.

However, on our way there my tire blew, I lost control of the car and went head on into the metal rails of the expressway. My car spun a few times hitting the front and rear. Luckily both girls were wearing their seatbelts and were safe. I suffered head injury, a lesion across my forhead and my tooth puctured a hole through the bottom of my lip. Other than that I am ok....thank goodnees! I never lost consciousness but bleed quite a bit. The girls were a bit shaken up too. Especially little Julia. She was scared! A very nice lady stopped and helped us while help arrived. She calmed the girls down by talking to them. Olivia was actually very calm and provided all the correct information. She borrowed the woman's phone and called grandma. I am so sorry it happened at all but especially on her birthday. At the hosiptal she told everyone it was her birthday and took pictures with the staff and said this was one birthday she'll never forget. She is such a little trooper.

So we are going to try celebrating with her gym friends on friday.

Oh my goodness how scary for you and the girls!!! I am so glad that you are okay--it could have turned out much worse. I hope Olivia had a good birthday despite everything! I hope your car isn't too badly damaged either.

Happy Birthday Olivia!!

What a day! How horrible. I am glad evrybody is mostly okay...and that she had a "better" start to her birthday than the ending!

Happy Birthday, Liv!

:eek::eek::eek: GASP!!!

Thank God you are all okay!!! Blowing a tire is so scary - I can identify with you on that one.

How proud you must be of Liv. (I am proud and she's not even mine! ;)) It was very grown up of her to remain calm and clear headed enough to relay information to adults.

I hope that you are feeling better, and a very happy birthday to Liv from A and me!

Glad to hear that you were okay from the accident. That sounds super scary!

My dd just turned 7 in March. Welcome to the 7-year old club. :)

Oh how scary. I do hope you are OK big hugs to the girls. Little Julia might be nervous for a while. Olivia was so brave (would we expect anything less?) Happy Happy Birthday to her! I can't believe she got so old. lol. I have been watching her youtube videos since she was 4!

Oh dear! Haven't been on in awhile and came on today and saw this. Hope you all are much better and that Liv was able to celebrate her birthday! You all certainly had an angel with you in your car! Sending get better wishes and a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish!

Oh my goodness, how terrifying for you all. I am so glad that you are all safe, very sorry that you got hurt though. That was certainly a birthday to remember. Hopefully the girls suffer no lasting effects from the experience and you heal quickly.

It sounds like Olivia is growing up to be a very wise soul, just like her Mama.

What a wonderful start you gave to her birthday. So sorry to hear about the accident. You and Olivia are obviously both built of stern stuff. I hope none of you have any lasting injury.

I guess this will be a memorable birthday. I'm so glad everyone is okay. That sounds really scary. I hope the kids aren't traumatized by it. I know sometimes an accident can really feel threatening to kids.

Happy birthday to Olivia! Sorry about the car accident. Glad that the girls are okay and that you weren't too seriously hurt, ouch.

Happy Birthday to Olivia.

That accident sounds really scary. I'm glad everyone is okay, and am proud of all of you.

MamaofEnS

How scary!! Are you sore??? I am so happy that you're okay, but wow--you must be pretty shaken up. :(

Happy Birthday to your sweet Olivia, and take care of yourself!! :)

Thank you all! I am feeling much better. This morning I was pretty sore but took some pain medication and rested most of the day.

Both girls insisted they wanted to go school. Olivia did not want to ruin her perfect attendance and Julia wanted to take her reading test. I sent a letter to both of their teachers explaining more or less what had happened. Olivia's teacher had the school counselor talk to Olivia about it and she told her version of the story and made me a Get Better Soon card. She was so excited to give to me! I knew she had something for me before she even walked in through the door. It was beautiful! I loved iit!!

I cozied up with Julia and watched Nick Jr most of the day. It was wonderful! I feel so grateful neither one them even got a scratch on them. Spent the day counting all my blessings. My whole family has been so supportive with the girls too- their school, Julia had ice skating, dinner.

Liv is still so very excited to be 7 years old and looking forward to her party!!

Oh my gosh--how scary! So glad no one was seriously injured! And Happy Late Birthday to Olivia!!

Sounds to me like somebody had a birthday guardian angel! Whew! Happy birthday Liv. Sorry you had to go through that but it is great that everyone is ok.

OMG!!! Glad you are all ok and I hope your injuries heal quickly. What a special little girl to still turn it into a fun, celebratory occasion. I bet she made the hospital staff's night as well too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back