WAG Online Tutorial?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

poodlemomma

Proud Parent
I was wondering if there were any videos online that broke down the Level 4 routines step by step so that it could be viewed to see where improvements could be made or where deductions come from.

My DD always starts off the year very rough. She has a hard time visualizing what the coaches say to her to improve form. She likes to watch her video and compare it to others, but I haven't really found anything this go around for her to watch.

Most of what I have found is the old level 4. I have found plenty of videos of the new level 4 with high scores. But those videos are hard to find where they may or may not take off deductions.

Thanks

There are some on You Tube. My dd likes to watch the Gymnastics Tutor ones. They pause and break down what the judges are looking for.

I really like the USAG iPad app. They also sell a DVD but I think the app is much better. It includes a video, a drawing of the routine and then all the details on possible deductions. It covers all the compulsory levels 1-5 and all 4 events. Hopefully this link will get you to the right page - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/usa-gym-womens-compulsories/id687372435?ls=1&mt=8

The DVD is in the USAG store. Both are around $30 I believe. Look for "Women's JO Compulsory DVD" on this page: http://usagym.sportgraphics.biz/c-17-rules-jo-materials.aspx

YouTube is OK but not completely reliable and I'd rather get the info straight from USAG because I know it's right. These materials have really helped my DD to visualize what she should be doing.

I also have the USAG app on the ipad, and my DD loves it! (and so do I, as I now understand a lot more!)

We have the iPad app and it's been a great tool for my dd. She likes to look at her videos from competitions and can slow motion them and compare them to the USAG app. I find it a little obsessive for a 7 YO, but what can you do.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back