Pacific Rim: USA Juniors?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dani4

Proud Parent
I might get to spectate at the Men's and Women's Juniors event finals on Sunday. According to the website, there is no mention of any USA juniors competing. Does anyone know if there will be American juniors there? There's all kinds of news about the seniors competing.. but we can't make it to that one.

Thanks! And sorry if I've posted in the wrong forum, I'm not sure where this would go...

Hmm...excellent question. Thomas, Perea, Soza and Chiles were on the roster for the selection camp. But I guess we aren't sending any juniors? Seems a little lame, especially since the USA is hosting the competition. We have sent junior teams in the past.

Ok, so I think maybe each country gets 6 spots. Usually will send 3 juniors and 3 seniors, but since it's an Olympic year must be using all spots for seniors to get them out there. I guess it is technically a "mixed team" competition, where scores from juniors or seniors can count.

Ah, that kind of makes sense! My daughter asked me to guess the reason, and that was not the guess I came up with. I will tell her tomorrow- she really wanted to know why the American juniors weren't there.

There was at least one Canadian male junior- he made it onto the podium a couple of times. But no Canadian women. It was fun to watch, but I missed seeing the USA women. I wish I could have gone to the senior women event finals instead, but the timing was not good for me.

Without the USA there, the Japanese totally dominated! I'm guessing it would have been different with the Americans.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back