Coaches Parent Issues

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gralch1

Coach
Just wondering how you would handle the following situation. I already know what I am doing but wanted opinions.

Facebook War between two parents. Do you intervene or stay out of it? Social media can be tricky.
I have approached both parties involved. For the most part all of our parents are very supportive of each other and we want to keep it that way. However, stuff like this can draw others in and affect the whole team.

Been there done that. You have done all you can do, which is ask parents to abide by the same rules that the kids do.... So give them one last strong reminder that they are leading by HORRIBLE examples, and tell them to shut up when they start to tell you "the story". If it persists then do what you need to do... Obviously if this is just a squabble between the two of them then,,, who cares,,, but the fact that you know about it tells me that it's gone viral.
Ahhh yes,,, wouldn't it be great if the parents would just stay away from sports and each other.... And to the majority of parents who do stay away, THANK YOU.

tell them to stop or they're both gone from your program.

Is their fight anything directly related to gymnastics or the club ?Is it on the club page (as opposed tot their private ones?
If not stay out of it.They are autonomous adults and allowed to fall out with one another

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back