WAG Parents, coaches, gymnasts....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Please don't get this the wrong way. I relate to you as a mother trying to help her child along. And in an effort to help, I had to look'/read back to get a background. It appears your daughter just completed her second year as a Level 7 this past season. I know you or your daughter have goals and want to get ahead with her skills. But a bail is really a L9 skill and as indicated by many of the posters above is better left to the coaches. You've indicated she was not able to compete L8 this season because her bars and beam skills were still not there. So, I can only say it really is in her best interest not to try to get ahead of the coaches. She could develop bad habits that may make learning a skill even more difficult. If she is adamant in doing something at home, conditioning, strengthening her core will go a long way.

Btw, I think your daughter looked beautiful in the video you posted of her floor routine. She is quite graceful and she articulated her movements quite well.
Thank you. yes, conditioning, strength core, and flexibility, that is now her plan. Not sure why she is so determined to get the stinking bail, but I am happy with any goal on bars she has, as it is not her fav event.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back