Parents Parkettes Camp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3LittleGymmies

Proud Parent
I did a search, but it didn't turn up much. We were originally considering IGC (my daughter has done the Thanksgiving clinics, which she enjoyed)... but then I heard about the Parkettes competitive camp. It's half the price and a little closer to us. I also think that maybe staying with a family would help put my daughter at ease since it's her first overnight camp experience. Does anyone have any feedback on this camp? We are also in driving distance to the University Of Maryland's camp in case anyone has attended that one. :)

We attended the University of Maryland camp a couple years ago. I thought it was pretty good - loved having the college coaches and team girls leading things. DD thought it was okay. In general, I think college camps may be better for older girls. There are definitely less extra curricular activities at college camps (like jet ski, horseback riding, etc).

My only comments: 1) Bring a good fan! The dorms have no AC (gym is air conditioned though) and it was really hot. 2) they didn't test at camp so they rely on skills listed on application for placement. DD didn't have giants when we completed the app in January, so was in a completely wrong group.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back