MAG Patellar Evulsion

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Trapar,
What was the decision for state? Is he doing pommel?- hope you get good news on the 25th

Sent from my SPH-M950 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Last night his coach told him that he has 2 choices because he can't just do pommel and then go to regionals on a petition. So, he can choose to go to state and possibly medal on pommel, or skip state and take the chance of maybe of getting to go to regionals. He's leaving it up to ds. So far he says he's going to skip state because even if his petition is denied or on the 25th the dr. says he can't compete, he doesn't want to go to state and have a "bad meet".
He slept on the decision last night and he's supposed to let his coach know today.

Yes, it is. We'll go up there anyway since his brother and sister are so excited to stay at the hotel. We'll just enjoy the hot springs while we're there and have fun ordering pizza from the room :) There's the ice castle to see, too!

I'm so impressed with how you are helping him through this. I hope he is able to have some fun on the trip.

I'm so impressed with how you are helping him through this. I hope he is able to have some fun on the trip.

Thanks for that, profmom. I'm always aware of how the sport of gymnastics is so good for teaching kids many lessons about life, and lately I've realized that it gives me as a parent some unique opportunities to learn good parenting as well. It's hard sometimes, but I am grateful for the many lessons I'm learning from having my ds in gymnastics. I'm also so happy be a part of this forum. You guys are tremendous help!

we will be there! Maybe staying at the same hotel??? Same one as last time up there for us. Hopefully he gets petitioned in to regionals!!

Trapar, I'm just catching up with this thread--sorry to hear about his injury. Hope the petition for regionals works and that it heals very quickly. If he's anything like my son, it's hard to get them to sit still and rest, so sending some hope your way :).

Trapar, It must have been a very difficult decision for both you and your son......A bit relieving too!
Just hang in there, and remind him to let his body heal....
He will be competing for a long time so this is a small blip on the screen.

I will definitly send some positive vibes your way....

PS , My son gets his cast off on tuesday and we are PRAYING that his wrist has healed!!! We hope he can begin rehab and be back to full practice in a couple of weeks....>FINGERS CROSSED!!!!! DS has SO many plans!

Trapar, It must have been a very difficult decision for both you and your son......A bit relieving too!
Just hang in there, and remind him to let his body heal....
He will be competing for a long time so this is a small blip on the screen.

I will definitly send some positive vibes your way....

PS , My son gets his cast off on tuesday and we are PRAYING that his wrist has healed!!! We hope he can begin rehab and be back to full practice in a couple of weeks....>FINGERS CROSSED!!!!! DS has SO many plans!

Thanks, we really are relieved to have the decision made. He's looking forward to being there for his team and getting to just help move spring boards for and stand with them.

I'll be sending those good vibes right back at ya! I hope your ds is all healed so he can get back to having fun in the gym. I bet he's stronger from doing all that extra conditioning :)

Glad you are still going. I am sure we will run into each other. I hope he has fun!!

Sent from my SPH-M950 using ChalkBucket mobile app

His knee is doing much better. We saw the dr. on Monday who took another x-ray which showed that it is healing nicely. The dr. says he can compete on it if he wants to deal with the pain, and that doing so will not "tear it up" further. Right now I'm not sure we're going to regionals anyway, though, because now he's got pneumonia and has been out of the gym and school for another week and a half. I swear, our life is like a country song right now. He's sick of being sick and I'm about at my wits end. Boo.

Man. Another thing! Glad the knee is healing, but sad about the pneumonia!!

Did you see they just changed the schedule? People had made flights! I am sure some will be upset!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back