Parents Paws 4 A Cause

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm not very familiar with the area. We're a couple hours away so will also need a hotel if she's scheduled any earlier than very late morning.

Just keep this mind, that the venue is downtown ATL and on early Friday mornings and late afternoon/early evening the traffic gets bumper to bumper crazy. Two other things to keep in mind also, that downtown ATL may have other events that weekend and maybe snow/ice.(they always shut the city down lol) A good 15-20 minute ride from the venue is good. But, it takes forever to get inside the CNN center where the venue is held. So, make sure wherever you stay, that you give yourselves enough time for the drive, parking and getting inside. I dont really have any suggestions of staying downtown in any of the hotels. We live 30-40 minutes away from downtown and never go unless we have any business. All that I know is that the meet is really well organized and fun(they receive the cutest medals and awards) and for a good cause. Some of the money from the meet goes to children who need service dogs. Hence the name Paws 4 a Cause.

We were there last year for my son, and it wasn't too bad to get in, but he competed Sunday only, so traffic was light. I think the heavier traffic days are Fri/Sat

Unless there is another (much larger) event down town on that weekend, Saturday and Sunday shouldn't be bad at all. Are there sessions on Friday? Friday traffic is awful. Any downtown hotel is good. There is actually a hotel in the CNN center, so that could be convenient; but won't be cheap. There are tons of hotels down there though.

Just keep this mind, that the venue is downtown ATL and on early Friday mornings and late afternoon/early evening the traffic gets bumper to bumper crazy. Two other things to keep in mind also, that downtown ATL may have other events that weekend and maybe snow/ice.(they always shut the city down lol) A good 15-20 minute ride from the venue is good. But, it takes forever to get inside the CNN center where the venue is held. So, make sure wherever you stay, that you give yourselves enough time for the drive, parking and getting inside. I dont really have any suggestions of staying downtown in any of the hotels. We live 30-40 minutes away from downtown and never go unless we have any business. All that I know is that the meet is really well organized and fun(they receive the cutest medals and awards) and for a good cause. Some of the money from the meet goes to children who need service dogs. Hence the name Paws 4 a Cause.

Ugh, oh no! Our schedule says Dacula - I was hoping we wouldn't end up in downtown ATL! I used to live there, and the traffic is why I don't anymore.

Nope, I just checked it out and it says Downtown at GA world Congress Center, same as CNN. The hosting gym is from Dacula, sorry to bust your bubble wgymmom. I would also rather it be Dacula, but it's been downtown for the last three years. You can pull up the information on the web under Paws 4 a Cause 2016. They have lodging info available on that website.

Yep same place it was last year. We stayed at either the Holiday Inn or the Holiday Inn express (can't remember which) in downtown Atlanta last year, it was nice and we were able to get a free breakfast there before the meet. =)

Yeah, as soon as you said downtown ATL, I went and looked up the info. I need to be more on top of being nosy! Cadybearsmommy, thanks for the tip. I'll look into that hotel.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back