Parents Pictures?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
do your kids wear there hair up or down for team and individual pictures?

my girls have there pics on Sat and to me it feels strange for hair down in them since they do not have it down when they are comepeteing or practicing.

any ideas? (but if its up it looks like they have no hair!_

I put it up. The instruction from the gym was to look "competition ready" for the photos. Yeah, she looks like she has no hair with it up... kind of, but I think it looks good and the pics turned out nice.

For DD's pictures, I did a ponytail instead of a bun. Her hair was still out of her face, but it wasn't "tight". Most of the compulsory girls had their hair pulled back, but the optional girls wore their hair down. Maybe do a looser ponytail or braid?

Not much help here, but we have done both. AB had pictures last night and she wanted it down. I clipped it out of her face and rolled it. I think most girls had their hair down.

We put our daughter's hair in a ponytail. I believe everyone had their hair up so that it looked competition ready. But for competition they have to have a bun.

Ponytail a little to the side works good.

For individual pictures, if they turn their head a little, that works good too. I have a few of those pictures where her hair is so slick back it looks like she doesn't have any, so I like this years because she turned her head a little in her pose, and you can see you ponytail in the back.

I've always done my kids hair up in 1 ponytail or 2; however, the optional girls do usually wear their hair down for pictures.

I am a photographer, and for the most part agree that hair up usually looks funny (like they have no hair), but for gymnastics pictures it just seems right to have their hair up. That being said, unless your gym gives you direction on what they want you to do, I would do what YOU want. These are YOUR memories to have forever :)

I eneded up braiding the sides and putting it up in a ponytail, with there ponytail binders the coach made them to match there leo!!

I just wish I could have found a leo to match baby dd so I could have gotten a pic of all 3 of them together!
(older 2 have there comp leos:)

I think next year we will get her a leo that matches in color. and poss have the gym name on it and get a pic of the 3 of them , even more so that baby dd started gymnastics this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back